Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in a positive mood and the most confident I have ever been with SA, which wasn't a lot, but I started trying to face social situations more, that I have never tried before. The more you have motivation and confidence the easier it is to maintain it. I found that out, but the social anxiety has a tight grip on me and I have felt weak towards it in the last couple of days. I won't let myself stay like this for long, so I'm building my confidence back up, and motivation, it's hard, but well worth it. It's good to know that I can. It's good that I am not hopeless, things will work out, I just have to keep reminding myself that I can. The "I cant's" have snuck in, and I will not let them make a permanent stay. I'm working on proving to myself that "I can" is rational again. I believed the "I cans" a week ago and I will do so again, and again, as many times as it takes. As many times as I get depressed I will be there to turn the whole thing around. Work with myself instead of against myself.

Actually I think that this helped a lot, :thanks for listening to me

·
Registered
157 Posts
Being positive is one of the most awesome things we can do. Congrats for making progress.

I just read this book on self talk called "What to say when you talk to yourself."

You sound like you already "get it" but hey if you want more motivation or help on how to stay positive internally, I think it's a really good read.

Good luck T.E.

-Colin

1 - 2 of 2 Posts