Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It hasn't been that bad these past several weeks. I have developed a really loud voice. It has become a new me. I have been called out several times in class and at work for talking loudly.:)

The other day my boss told me "stop screaming she's only a foot away from you". I just responded "ok". Since I didn't act affected by it or go into my head wondering wether I talked loudly or not, she didn't give me ****. Later that day I yelled out a curse word with kids around. It wasn't pretty. I got called out again but I didn't let it bother me.

I also stood up in front of class and read louder than everyone in the group. Students started laughing, but since I kept my cool and didn't go into my head saying "am I reading too loud, should I stop?", they didn't give me ****, again. Students might have sort of picked on me but since I kept my cool and acted as I didn't feel affected by it, they eventually just stopped giggling. I basically tried to act as if I didn't know what the **** was going on.

The only bad thing that can come from having a loud voice is that if you have an obnoxious personality. My sister basically describes an obnoxious person by thinking he/she is all that, or a person that takes too much pride in making people laugh.

Even though my voice has gotten stronger SA is still there. I still can't participate in class discussion. I can feel too ignorant to participate at times. But when asked upon I just talk louder than anyone else. What you feel about youself, people will feel about you when it's all said and done.

Not giving a **** about what people think is cool.

·
Registered
14,599 Posts
I seem to talk loudly and I dont mean to; just the way I talk I guess. I hate it. I need to work on be more conscientious about it.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
congrats,how did u develop a loud voice ?
I didn't really develop it. I just shout out what I'm saying. People sometimes think I'm screaming. Talking loudly has helped me, in a way, not give a darn about what people think. If people try to get in my head and give me ****, I don't react to it either embarrassedly or angrily. I don't respond to it logically. I act as if what they told me doesn't have much value. I, as a matter of fact, respond as if what they are saying is not really critisizing me. I'll say "okay" or "really?". I don't really try to come up with a good answer.
If everyone turns around and look at me, I pretend as if everyone has been giving me that look my whole life. I act as if I don't recognize it.
People that talk in a really low pitch mostly, maybe not always, try to live up to people's standard. They worry too much about being obnoxious and rude. If some people feel bothered by it, oh well, life goes on for loud people.
I find it funny that some guys don't really have a low voice. But when talking to a cute girl, they react and their voice becomes noticebly lower.
I feel cool when talking loud. It shows that I don't give a ****. I sometimes even feel alpha. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts