Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's something I didn't use to do in the past and it came up recently. I have a tendency to talk about myself a lot, not about personal stuff and secrets, but it's mostly about what I like/don't like, my habits etc etc. I think it has started to make my friends annoyed and tired of it and that if it keeps going on I'll even lose these few I have.

It's really hard to stop it once it starts. If the subject of the discussion allows me to say something about myself I'll keep babbling until my friends start paying attention to something else.

When I come to think of it, it might have to do with the fact that I hardly ever said anything about myself in the past and that I'm sort of trying to drag attention to me when others aren't giving it on their own. Attention is kind of addictive, you already have it to a point but you want more.

Is anyone else dealing with the same issue? Have you overcome it? If yes, how? Please share your experience, thank you!

·
Soothsayer
4,756 Posts
Funny I tend to have this same problem. Except I don't have any friends to lose so.

I tend to talk about myself a lot when trying to make mention on things. I think it is a narcissistic quality. Haven't really overcome it but I try to catch myself before I do start going on about myself.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts