Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read an article today about failure vs. success , risk vs.reward. I didn't finish the whole thing but the jist of it was how failure can be a valuable thing. It mentioned that people may have different mindsets, fixed and growth. A person with a growth mindset learns from failure and adjusts, a person with a fixed mindset expects everything to come natural, views failure as an insult and resorts to blame.

This article had nothing to do with social anxiety, but I read this and I thought about the belief that people with anxiety are afraid to take risks, that their fear outweighs their desire. What would you say to someone that said you just need to take some risks, or it's your own fault?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yea I think that is a part of it. We are just too afraid to fail in general and so we just avoid it as much as possible. You learn from your failures for sure.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I think the failure to take risks is a big problem for a lot of us. Advice like that often doesn't seem very helpful because it's much easier said than done. But the key I guess is starting off with the smallest of risks and working your way up to bigger challenges. The way I look at it is, do you really want to get to the end of your life, look back, and realized you never even TRIED to overcome your SA. I sure as hell don't.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts