Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is REALLY COOL! I found this little SA test on the internet from another poster on this site back in January of this year. Since then, at the end of every month, I've been re-taking the test just to see how my SA was fairing in comparison to any previous months. It's proven to be a fantastic way to measure my anxiety level in such a way for me to really see the progress I've made.

I started out with a composite score of 83 back in January. Then, it actually worsened a bit up to 84 in February. It went down to 76 in March, then to 71 in April, and now it is all of 59 for May! These numbers indicate that I began with what the test indicated as having "severe" SAD, to having "marked" SAD, and now to having only "moderate" SAD.

It's called the Liebowitz Social Anxiety Scale and I recommend anyone with SAD do this so you can chart your own patterns and progress. It could help you in your dealings with your therapists, etc., or just be super useful to yourself on your own. I really wouldn't have been able to remember quite how I was doing all the way back in January if not for my record of these scores.

To take the test, go to: http://www.anxietyhelp.org/information/leibowitz.html

Cheers,

Cathy ;)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Well, my score is 106, I have very severe social phobia

·
Registered
15 Posts
Your score:
62 (fear) + 61 (avoidance) = 123

:um

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Haven't taken this test in a while, but I got 83 46(fear)+37(avoidance). I don't think it has changed really. Some of the questions don't really apply to me either.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I was pleased with my score, and I think it's quite accurate, and reflects the progress I've made over the past year following CBT and participation in SA self-help groups: 20 (fear) + 5 (avoidance) = 25.

·
Registered
247 Posts
56- moderate, but everything on the list are things that occur normally to me in normal situations, i guess it depends on my mood bcuz sometimes i'm not anxious and sometimes i am.
i hate those anoyying salesperson people tho! y the hell do i need a shaving machine? lol

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
73. I remember taking that test twice before. I believe my last score was in the 100s or high 80s. Go Meds +CBT :)

·
Simon Says...
1,693 Posts
95! wahoo!

Oh wait... that's a bad thing <_<

·
Magnanimous carcinoma
6,888 Posts
65 (fear) + 67 (avoidance) = 132
..I think I've gotten a little better. I can actually walk outside onto my front yard by myself now without freaking out. I'm still absolutely anxious, but I've been trying to force myself. Well, I do run back in when I see a car coming down the road, but it's something..

·
Registered
26 Posts
72. Wow, I think that's lower than before...which is good that I'm approving, but it's not that much lower.

I think my SA might be higher though. A lot of those topics are things that don't really effect me or not things I go through on a daily level, so it was hard for me to answer them. And also, my social anxiety changes. Sometimes, it'll be really hard for me to talk to strangers and sometimes I'm okay with it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I got an 88. 44 on both sides.

I dont think this is accurate. I am better then i have EVER been and they still classify me as having severe.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts