Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always worry about even the smallest things and take life very seriously. I know that's one of the reasons people Dont like Hanging out with me because i am too afraid to have fun and laugh at myself.
I want to change my attitude, and learn being more relaxed and more willing to have fun and let go. Any advice How to get this serious way of thinking away?

·
:D
1,332 Posts
i do that too, especially at work : /

i think trying to relax and talking to people will help ease you overtime, but it happens overtime to not take everything to seriously

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think trying to relax and talking to people will help ease you overtime, but it happens overtime to not take everything to seriously
Yea, it's a pity changing doesnt happen in a second..
And i probably am a bit less serious than what i used to be.
Thanks for the advice! =)

·
Student of life
152 Posts
I always worry about even the smallest things and take life very seriously. I know that's one of the reasons people Dont like Hanging out with me because i am too afraid to have fun and laugh at myself.
I want to change my attitude, and learn being more relaxed and more willing to have fun and let go. Any advice How to get this serious way of thinking away?
Do you have GAD? It sounds like it. Please go to your doctor and explain your issues.

I have GAD myself and I am being treated with CBT in combination with medication. I highly recommend doing a CBT therapy, because it explains you the roots of your anxiety, and helps you deal with it.

Good luck!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you have GAD? It sounds like it. Please go to your doctor and explain your issues.

I have GAD myself and I am being treated with CBT in combination with medication. I highly recommend doing a CBT therapy, because it explains you the roots of your anxiety, and helps you deal with it.

Good luck!
I have never been diagnosed, but i just read something about GAD and the symptoms really sounded like mine, so i guess i have it.
I will consider therapy. Until now i have always wanted to solve my problems by myself, but i guess professonial help would do. I just feel so stupid taking things seriously, because this is just life why to waste it by worrying all the time? (Sorrythat sound so cliche)

But thanks!!

·
Student of life
152 Posts
I have never been diagnosed, but i just read something about GAD and the symptoms really sounded like mine, so i guess i have it.
I will consider therapy. Until now i have always wanted to solve my problems by myself, but i guess professonial help would do. I just feel so stupid taking things seriously, because this is just life why to waste it by worrying all the time? (Sorrythat sound so cliche)

But thanks!!
You're welcome!

Have a look at this, if you want to start therapizing yourself: http://www.getselfhelp.co.uk/docs/SelfHelpCourse.pdf

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You're welcome!

Have a look at this, if you want to start therapizing yourself: http://www.getselfhelp.co.uk/docs/SelfHelpCourse.pdf
That site looked very interesting and helpful, i will start therapizing myself now, its a Lot easier(well,not easy but easier to try) thing to do because going to see a doctor scares me for some reasons...
Thank you so much for the help, you are so very kind! :)
And hopefully your anxiety heals too!

·
Student of life
152 Posts
That site looked very interesting and helpful, i will start therapizing myself now, its a Lot easier(well,not easy but easier to try) thing to do because going to see a doctor scares me for some reasons...
Thank you so much for the help, you are so very kind! :)
And hopefully your anxiety heals too!
Thanks! I can only speak for myself, but had I not gone to the doctor, I wouldn't be healing right now as I am probably. No matter how much it scares you, I think that it's just something you gotta do.

Trust me, seeing a psychologist is extremely helpful, more than you may think; especially if you go through CBT with the psychologist.

What is preventing you?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks! I can only speak for myself, but had I not gone to the doctor, I wouldn't be healing right now as I am probably. No matter how much it scares you, I think that it's just something you gotta do.

Trust me, seeing a psychologist is extremely helpful, more than you may think; especially if you go through CBT with the psychologist.

What is preventing you?
I dont know, maybe because i'd had to tell my parents that i have anxiety etc( im young, i live with my parents) and i'm scared they'd get too worried. I wouldn't want to bother them... But maybe i could encourage myself to open up. Though they do know me somewhat totally, not everything but at least the shyness and seriousness and that i panic From little things. Maube i have some problems with admitting and fully confronting my problems..
I know those are silly explanations, i'm all confused of myself overall, i dont know what im thinking and everything, i dont really know what i am scared of.

·
Student of life
152 Posts
I dont know, maybe because i'd had to tell my parents that i have anxiety etc( im young, i live with my parents) and i'm scared they'd get too worried. I wouldn't want to bother them... But maybe i could encourage myself to open up. Though they do know me somewhat totally, not everything but at least the shyness and seriousness and that i panic From little things. Maube i have some problems with admitting and fully confronting my problems..
I know those are silly explanations, i'm all confused of myself overall, i dont know what im thinking and everything, i dont really know what i am scared of.
I think that if you talk to your parents, there is a chance they will dismiss your GAD/SA. Unless you go to the doctor and get a diagnose, I think it could be difficult for you to talk about it. But you can try!

For real, tell your parents at least that you are feeling anxious and that you need to see the doctor. You can say that you have discovered the diagnose for GAD/SA on the Internet and that you have reasons to believe that you have those disorders. Could that work?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think that if you talk to your parents, there is a chance they will dismiss your GAD/SA. Unless you go to the doctor and get a diagnose, I think it could be difficult for you to talk about it. But you can try!

For real, tell your parents at least that you are feeling anxious and that you need to see the doctor. You can say that you have discovered the diagnose for GAD/SA on the Internet and that you have reasons to believe that you have those disorders. Could that work?

Yes they could refuse it. My parents also tend to blame themselves if i have something .. I guess they take things seriously too..
I'll have to encourage myself, but it will be hard because i am very emotional..
I could try explaining them that i found stuff on internet etc, maybe theres a Way they'd understand.
You have really made me understand that maybe this anxiety of mine is a serious one.
Now im sorry, if you reply, my answer will come much later, i have to go sleep now:p

·
Student of life
152 Posts

Yes they could refuse it. My parents also tend to blame themselves if i have something .. I guess they take things seriously too..
I'll have to encourage myself, but it will be hard because i am very emotional..
I could try explaining them that i found stuff on internet etc, maybe theres a Way they'd understand.
You have really made me understand that maybe this anxiety of mine is a serious one.
Now im sorry, if you reply, my answer will come much later, i have to go sleep now:p
No worries, good luck! I hope you get to heal your anxieties!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts