Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why do we look for approval from everyone? Even people we don't know, like we got something to prove when we meet someone else.

But any advice and just not giving a flying ****? besides medication or therapy.

I have figured this to be the root of my problem, it was always like this growing up and eventually it developed into a social phobia and isolation.
You know how everyone in western society (And all populated cities) are just out for themselves? Well I believe that's only because how they can build their mentality more positively, and eventually this was the end result.

But don't want to stray off-topic, I know one cure is getting big and tough I will try and work on that, but I've been saying that for years. Does anyone have any other advice?

·
Registered
2 Posts
The thing i have come to terms with is that you cant impress everyone, and not everyone is going to like you. I think too many people, myself included, look to others as a source of esteem. The thought is that because someone accepts you, your worthwhile. Then you find someone else to impress and the cycle continues. This pattern really f'ed up the first quarter of my life. Look inside and find something you like. Build from that.

·
calm
264 Posts
you guys look for approval in people because you dont estimate yourself, you want people to give you the self-trust you supposed to have by your own actions and nature.

it seems as if you let other people measure your self-worth and self-confidence. looking for approval is lack of own approval and self-love (i know it sounds ridiculous but there is actually something to it)

also i dont see a red line in your thread, it comes off as random frustration though no relativise of your pain, man

1 - 3 of 3 Posts