Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if its just me or what but when someone is talking to me especially on the phone, I always ending up forgetting what they said as soon as I put the phone down and in real life to. This is annoying because it makes me make stupid mistakes and get in trouble because I seems like I didn't listen when really i did for some reason i find it hard to process information people say to me. It could be somthing simple like asking for directions and I might not take in what the person said.

Does anyone else find it hard to take instructions/ information from people?

·
I don't even know.....
278 Posts
Keep a notepad and pen by the phone..
And yes,I find it hard to remember instructions, although remembering irrelevant things has never seemed to be a problem.

·
Registered
97 Posts
i do forget conversations but it is because i concentrate on talking, then when the phone is down im so happy i had a normal conversation and it went well, ive forgotten what was said...

·
Banned
205 Posts
Yeah, it happens to me a lot, and maybe this is strange but I write down everything that seems important to me while im talking , and I have an app to record calls on my cell.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Yeah, I tend to forget stuff like that after a phone call. I know I was supposed to do something, I go back to whatever I was doing prior to the call, and then it hits me.

·
Out there...
5,124 Posts
It sometimes happens to me. Where I forget something right after it was said.

I used to have an impeccable memory (still do in some cases), but lately it has been kinda shot.

Now I tend to write stuff down. Lists mostly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts