Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Member of SAS
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't stand listening to this phrase anymore. It has got to be one of the most over-used, cliché statement ever. What is so great about going out for coffee? I don't even like coffee. The taste is good but nothing exceptional. And the effects do me worse than I am normally so (I get even more anxious). There are plenty of other things to do besides going out for a cup of joe. I'm getting sick of even hearing it. My parents ask from time to time "why don't you go take a nice girl out for coffee?" only for me to remind them that I don't like coffee and I can't get a girl (to myself). Are you tired of this too? How do you think this got so popular in the first place as the number one go-to for taking someone out?

·
giraffe
8,742 Posts
I'd rather be taken out for tea anyway. :)

·
Banned
3,209 Posts
May we fight to the death then.

:duel
Fight over the girl you mean? Nah mate, I don't go for girls who are taken. It's the classy thing to do, ya know? :roll

Also, someone being your type because they drink tea is a little ridiculous if you ask me.

What's next, someone is your type because they drink water?

·
Member of SAS
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Fight over the girl you mean? Nah mate, I don't go for girls who are taken. It's the classy thing to do, ya know? :roll

Also, someone being your type because they drink tea is a little ridiculous if you ask me.

What's next, they're your type because they drink water?
I thought that's what you were implying. Calm down man, it's a joke.

·
Temporarily Canned
1,101 Posts
My psychology professor in college mentioned during a lecture that it is smarter to take a girl out for coffee instead of drinks at a bar. Caffeine increases the heart rate, which tends to make people think that they are in love.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Is this an american thing? I have never heard anybody say this phrase... nor have I ever asked anyone out for "coffee". I wonder if in Amsterdam they ask people out to get high as like a casual/normal thing. God I wish weed was legal here like it is in Amsterdam, I would go to cafes more.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts