Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Heartbroken
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Inspired by the thread titled "What do you think of people who don't use turn signals?" got me thinking.

How do you react to someone whose tailgating you? Do you ignore it or does it really bother you? And do you take any action like the classic "break check" or do you give into intimidation and speed up, etc?

Just curious.

If i haven't taken a med in the morning, it can really bother me. Eventhough i've never been in an accident caused by a tailgater, it still gives me a lot of anxiety.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I've had a couple, but I just ignored them and carried on driving normally. If they want to be an idiot that's their problem.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
I've had a couple, but I just ignored them and carried on driving normally. If they want to be an idiot that's their problem.
Ideally, that's the way to react to it, but frankly, it bugs the hell out of me :lol

I think it's a worse, and more dangerous, habit than not using a signal.

·
Suit up!
390 Posts
I'm a really mellow driver because I actually still enjoy driving. I don't get angry so if someone is on my tail, then I either just move over, ignore it, or slow down a bit to annoy them~

·
Registered
10,730 Posts
I just drive slower when I get someone on my rear end.

·
···---···
3,375 Posts
how hard is it to move over if someone wants to pass? actually its the law that slower drivers stay to the right.
The topic is about tailgating. I've been tailgated in the slow lane. I've been tailgated in the fast lane when I had a car in front of me and couldn't speed up.

Driving slow in the fast lane is annoying but that's a different topic.

·
Registered
973 Posts
The topic is about tailgating. I've been tailgated in the slow lane. I've been tailgated in the fast lane when I had a car in front of me and couldn't speed up.

Driving slow in the fast lane is annoying but that's a different topic.
yes but most people tailgate on the freeway to get somebody to move over, so that's what i'm referring to.

·
Heartbroken
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm a faster driver and typically spend most of my highway traveling in the left lanes. The max speed on highways here are 70mph, and i drive a little faster then that. But there were a few times where i'd be passing in the left lane and i'll get someone come barreling up behind me doing about 90-100 and getting on my back bumper like i'm driving too slow and i need to get the **** out of their way. Which i find completely unacceptable if i'm already going over the speed limit as it is. I'll get over for them WHEN i reach an area where i CAN get over, but i don't speed up for them. They can wait.

As a matter o fact i was driving to Cleveland once and this guy in a Camero did that to me when i was in the left lane passing people. I got over once a could. And he gave me the dirtiest look when he passed me. Then a few minutes later i was rounding the bend and saw up ahead a cop car pull out from the median. And guess who he pulled over?? Yes, If i have been driving slow enough for it to have been seen, i would have pointed at the guy and laughed as i passed. It made my day for sure. ;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.