Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like TO has struck again. Is anybody as sick of this moron as I am? Let's recap.

1) The sharpie incident: A complete and total lack of sportsmanship and such total arrogance paralleled only by Hugh Hefner and NBA players. It was rude and classless.

2) He refuses a trade to a decent ball club simply because he likes another team better. Sorry TO, that's not how it works. You go where they send you or you don't go at all. You get paid millions of dollars to play a child's game, the least you can do is honor your commitment to the league that has treated you well and paid you even better. The saddest part about this incident though is that the 49ers totally caved and got him a deal with a better team and gave into his cry baby demands (I guess it wasn't all bad for the 49ers though, they did get rid of him).

3) After the Eagles were generous enough to give him a new and much better deal than his original one with San Fran., he has the audacity to demand a bigger one after only one season, much of which he didn't even play at all because of a broken leg! So far the Eagles have done the right thing and not caved into his demands, but the Eagles have a piss poor receiving corps and I'm starting to think it may just be a matter of time before they cave.

4) Public jabs at his teammates. People have disagreements with their co-workers all the time but taking these very personal things public is truly the work of a total ***. Didn't he call Jeff Garcia gay? Not to mention his comment about McNabb getting tired in the Super Bowl. Real classy TO, real classy.

5) Getting kicked out of training camp for insubordination. I saw on ESPN this afternoon that he got kicked out of training camp for a week because he told his offensive coordinator, get this, to not speak to him unless TO speaks to him first. He told his coach that!

Oh yeah, if you can't tell by now, I am not a TO fan. I didn't mention the thing he did in Dallas with the star, but you all know about it.

I think it is time the NFL got rid of this clown. But unfortunately, he is a good receiver and a great athlete, so teams will continue to kiss his *** until he retires.

·
Registered
706 Posts
This really bothers me. I have no problem with a guy trying to get more money if thinks he can, especially since there are no guaranteed contracts, but why throw others under the bus to do so? And the whole thing about "risking his life" by playing in the Super Bowl is just stupid. It was a freaking football game, not a battle in Iraq. I'm an Eagles fan but man I'm pretty much to the point where I want to see him get flat out cut. It's clear he's not happy unless he's throwing a fit.[/quote]

·
Staying positive
754 Posts
kikachuck said:
It looks like TO has struck again. Is anybody as sick of this moron as I am? Let's recap.

1) The sharpie incident: A complete and total lack of sportsmanship and such total arrogance paralleled only by Hugh Hefner and NBA players. It was rude and classless.
Sorry, can't say I'm not a fan of Hugh Hefner :b , but yes I HATE Terrell Owens. Being a big Giant Fan and living in the Philadelphia area, all I hear about from in media is "what TO said today, what's his relationship with the rest of the team, Who TO doesn't like". I'll tell you right now, I'm SICK OF IT! I'm SICK of him, I'm SICK of all the attention he gets and I'm SICK of the media that follows the **** he does.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I agree he gets way too much attention, but I try to see it from his point of view. All the self promotion is just so he can better his situation. Its a smart business sense if you ask me. If he didnt do outlandish things like pull out a sharpie, or use this ego maniac persona then he probably wouldnt be getting the endorsements that he does. I see no problem with letting the guy market himself. Hes a great player and he plays hard. Hes not setting up drug deals, carrying guns or running over cops.

I think everyone needs to give him a break.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Oh I agree too many people got on him about the sharpie and whatnot, but has he really helped his cause this year? I live less than an hour away from Philly and he was a GOD after the Super Bowl. Had he been more, I don't know, subtle about the contract I think he could've swung local public opinion his way. Unfortunately he trashed McNabb which was just a big mistake. The guy's just acting like a big egotistical jerk and it's really hard to get behind him. Trust me, us Eagles fans have really tried too.

·
Registered
5,322 Posts
he is a complete a-hole.

athletes like him are whats wrong with the nfl.

if i were an nfl general manager, there is no way id have this idiot on my team.

·
Registered
127 Posts
T.O. asks for most of the crap he gets. He's less in touch with reality than I am. :troll

I hope the Eagles deal him to the Bears. :b

·
Registered
19 Posts
Now I know what 49ers fans were talking about. It took him only a year to annoy me. As long as he has another good year, I don't care what he says. He's not going to get what he wants anyway.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts