Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are your symptoms of social anxiety? Just curious. Because mine used to be used to be extreme muscle tension and looking down whenever walking in public. but i think i saw that some people get nauseous too.. so what are your symptoms of SA? Because now i dont get muscle tension, i just get really dissociated and i get depressive episodes whenever i'm in public places.. but im not sure if thats actually SA

What are your symptoms?

·
Registered
307 Posts
shaky voice, rapid heartbeat, blushing, and sweating

·
Registered
47 Posts
Not being able to make eye-contact, mind blanking, not being able to put my thoughts into a proper/linear order, apologizing, sweating, rapid heartbeat, and sometimes stuttering or repeating myself and derealization. I also have trouble trying to figure out what to do with my hands and always end up fiddling with whatever's closest.

·
Starlight and moonbeams
20,920 Posts
Hands/arms shaking
Shaking voice/high voice
Sweating
Nervousness
Increased heartrate
Being unable to focus eye contact/looking around nervously
Upset stomach
Feeling like there's a weight on my chest
Feeling like fainting

·
Registered
199 Posts
Shaky voice, suffocating sensations, sweaty and cold palms and feet, mental exhaustion (from prolonged stress), dizziness, poor concentration, low-frustration tolerance (anger), insomnia, rapid negative thoughts, depression, hopelessness, occasional suicidal thoughts. Some of these occur only when I am under extreme stress like starting a new job or giving a speech in front of a group of strangers.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have been in situations where I am not mentally prepared for and get any combination of the above. I would pass off as perfectly normal otherwise.

That worked itself out when in customer services I employ "human shields" for the front line ( :D ) and in legal studies when I'm naturally be required to know all the facts before I fight a case. Bombastic language that only your group understands does cure SA!

·
Loser
207 Posts
Sweating, stuttering/cracking, shaking, racing heart, stomach ache, blushing (especially my ears - only some steam at that and I would look like a loco!), tense, mind blanking, urinary urgency, diarrhea.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Dizziness, quiet strained voice, tightness in chest, clumsiness, weak arms and knees, blank mind, sweating, feeling hot then feeling cold, thumping heart, feeling of panic and loss of control.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
I'm 36 yet:

-no job (ever) since graduating with honors with a business degree 14 years ago.
-multiple doctors deem me mentally disabled by SA, unable to hold any job that exists
-I'm a guy who literally is not even qualified to work at McDonald's (and not due to lack of education nor IQ points).
-Never been married; never had a serious GF
-Have no real life friends
-Hardly have any online friends
-Still live at home and have never lived on my own and never expect to except when required to by the death of my mother who'd now 80 at which point I'd expect to keep living her after buying out my brother's 50% share of the home (should make legal arrangements so that I get 100% and he can simply have a hissy fit.)

I could go on, but I think you get the point.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
most of everyones symptoms are similar.. hm.

does anyone just shut down when they're anxious? as in, no panicking, no sweating. You just feel dead and really relaxed.. but unaware of whats going on around you.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Shaky voice
Can't breath, almost like I hold my breath
I feel just out of it, almost not cognitive
Dizzy
Rapid heartbeat
Fidgeting
If I have a pen that clicks, I tend to click it constantly
Crack knuckles

·
In my shiny bubble
2,428 Posts
Weak, quiet voice
Thumping heart
Avoiding eye contact or constantly looking at people to see if they are looking at me.
Sometimes sweaty palms
Sometimes going hot in the face
Really nervous feeling in stomach
Fidgeting

1 - 15 of 15 Posts