Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last few months I felt pretty sane for the most part, but I had a really bad case of heart phobia. I always could feel my heart beat, got dizzy and thought I was about to get a heart attack. I also always had stomache pains and so on.

So I went on Zoloft about 10 days ago and had terrible side effects the first few days, but now they're gone and all my physical symptoms are much better! I can't even feel my heart beating and don't really think about it.

the bad part is thought, that always once my physical anxiety symptomes are gone - they creep up in psychological form. So now I suddenly think I am loosing my mind again when going anxious. like my personality is disintergrating and I fear of loosing control of my actions.

guess I don't need to explain how annoying this is! I took prozac a few years ago and had exactly the same fears.

Its like my anxiety always needs to come out somewhere... like I can't really beat it.

does anyone else have a similar experience?

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
The last few months I felt pretty sane for the most part, but I had a really bad case of heart phobia. I always could feel my heart beat, got dizzy and thought I was about to get a heart attack. I also always had stomache pains and so on.

So I went on Zoloft about 10 days ago and had terrible side effects the first few days, but now they're gone and all my physical symptoms are much better! I can't even feel my heart beating and don't really think about it.

the bad part is thought, that always once my physical anxiety symptomes are gone - they creep up in psychological form. So now I suddenly think I am loosing my mind again when going anxious. like my personality is disintergrating and I fear of loosing control of my actions.

guess I don't need to explain how annoying this is! I took prozac a few years ago and had exactly the same fears.

Its like my anxiety always needs to come out somewhere... like I can't really beat it.

does anyone else have a similar experience?
Hmmm,I think I have had the same experience. I had shakiness from Zoloft and it got rid of my hypochondriac side. Made my social anxiety better and worse.

·
Guided By Voices
2,396 Posts
If it's stage fright try propanol, a non-selecive beta blocker, used for calming of the cardiovascular system. If needed than xanax .5mg prn.imo.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts