Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I never learned how to swim...and it's kinda nice to know I'm not the only one. I would splash around in small streams and stuff as a wee child, but never went any place where I'd have to actually swim. The only thing holding me back in actually asserting myself in learning how to swim is how I feel about somewhat exposing my body. Wearing a shirt and shorts would definitely weigh me down. Haha.

·
Banned
2,799 Posts
I can swim but never liked the feeling, and I do have an irrational fear of being asked to go swimming lol. Everyone I know (friends in the area) LOVES to swim, so when I tell them I don't want to go, I always get an earful. "Whaddayamean you don't like to swim? Everyone loves to swim!" and so on.

I love the beach but never go out too far. Waves fascinate and scare me at the same time.

·
Banned
4 Posts
Swimming is the one of all water games which is very best and make your slim and fit always in the life and also healthy the main effect of swimming is on your Muscles and make strong to your Muscles this swimming i like this...

·
SASsy
18,100 Posts
I was scared to death of deep water as a kid. Shallow water was fine. No problems in shallow water. I'm told I fell in a pool and almost drowned when I was 2 years old. I don't remember it. I'm sure that's where the fear of water came from. I didn't learn to swim until I was 12 years old because of it. I still don't really like deep water although I can swim now.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts