Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get really bad forehead sweating that runs down my face whenever the focus is on me. I can even make my forehead heat up and start sweating by just thinking about certain situations. Is there anything that will lessen the effects besides drysol on the old forehead. I tried taurine and it didn't do anything.

Thanks,

Andrew

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
75mg of effexor
Venlafaxine (Effexor) is a serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor (SNRI). It obviously boosts serotonin and norepinephrine and is certainly hyperthermic. I'd recommend perhaps augmenting with mirtazapine if you're up for it. You can also try augmenting with buspirone (BuSpar) which contributes hypothermia as well, though I'd imagine not as strongly.
At 75mg Venlafaxine acts just as an SSRI, not boosting norepinephrine levels to any significant degree.

·
:No Worries:
182 Posts
I have the same problem with Zoloft. Just started it about 3 weeks ago and I'm at 100mg. I sweat non-stop now! :blank

·
Banned
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the advice, i appreciate it. I have this problem even without being on medication though.

·
Banned
76 Posts
a beta blocker med usually reduces sweating and the physical problems from anxiety, these can be taken as needed, they are an old fashioned med that younger docs seldom thiks of

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
I've experienced bad sweating on Effexor too, 150 mg. I'm switching to Wellbutrin, hopefully I see a difference.
As an NDRI Wellbutrin could also cause sweating, but I wish you best of luck.

·
Yes
1,760 Posts
Would going to a dermatologist get you this?
No, going to a GP could get you this.

Although, like in a past thread, I would recommend amitriptyline (from a GP or a psychiatrist) as it's both an anticholinergic drug like the one he recommended, plus it's anti-depressant/anti-anxiety, so it should help anxiety-induced sweating even better. Pure anticholinergics like the one he recommended are best for people whose excessive sweating is purely physiological, whereas for you there's clearly a psychological source as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts