Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yay! After my last disaster (panicking and not participating) I tried another dance class, and I got through it. I really enjoyed it, despite the fact the I felt horribly self conscious. Problem with partner dancing - eye contact! Anyway, I danced all the way through the class, and even participated in a bit of a social dance afterwards. And guess what? I'm not bad at it! :boogie I'll be going back...

·
Registered
928 Posts
That is something to be proud of! Keep it up! What kind of dance are you doing?

I used to dance when I was little. I wish I could start again.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is something to be proud of! Keep it up! What kind of dance are you doing?

I used to dance when I was little. I wish I could start again.
I'm an Irish dancer, but the class I just started is swing. It's really fun. You should start again!

·
Registered
400 Posts
Congrats thats awesome ! So happy for you.:D
I personally know my limits and even if i wanted to i shouldnt dance cuz im really bad at it.
By Aus you mean Australia, or Austria ?

·
Protector of the Den
15,048 Posts
Congrats supreme.mugwump! Glad things went well for you. Good luck with your future classes!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Haha, I never look my partner in the eyes and stare mostly at the floor the entire time. Anyways, congratulations! That's a huge accomplishment; I know how difficult it is, especially at first. Keep up the great work! :D

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Congrats thats awesome ! So happy for you.:D
I personally know my limits and even if i wanted to i shouldnt dance cuz im really bad at it.
By Aus you mean Australia, or Austria ?
Sorry - Australia. I'm from Sydney. And it doesn't matter if you are good or not - that's why you have lessons!

·
Registered
85 Posts
I want to take lessons for pretty much all the dance out there.I love dancing!I used to really move and I was a quick learner.You are doing something you love to do eventhough you are affraid.I am soooooo jealous!Goodonya

1 - 11 of 11 Posts