Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a really hard time getting control of my OCD. I'm always obsessing about my anxiety. What are some proven supplements I can add to my regimen to hopefully get contorl of the OCD?

I'm on Zoloft and Seroquel but they're not working that well. I would go on other medications but a lot of other meds cause a lot of bloating. Any way to counteract the bloating so I can just go on whatever meds I need to go on?

·
2,110 Posts
high cortisol can cause OCD so maybe try some herbs that can lower cortisol like Ashwagandha.

·
inactive account
705 Posts
I'm having a really hard time getting control of my OCD. I'm always obsessing about my anxiety. What are some proven supplements I can add to my regimen to hopefully get contorl of the OCD?

I'm on Zoloft and Seroquel but they're not working that well. I would go on other medications but a lot of other meds cause a lot of bloating. Any way to counteract the bloating so I can just go on whatever meds I need to go on?
Did you try Clomipramine (Anafranil)?

·
Registered
297 Posts
welp

i didnt read any of the comments. low b12 and low b vitamins can cause anxiety and depression etc problems. coincidently I always have that. so may or may not have anything to do with that. zoloft and seroquel were not helpful for me at all with any issue personally. nor were most all medication and very dangerous bad idea. altho some people i knew who had severe valid real true horrible real deal ocd were helped by simple paxil. etc.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did you try Clomipramine (Anafranil)?
Yeah it helped to a degree. I'm thinking of going back to it, but I need more help in conjunction with that.

I tried NAC these past couple weeks, but I seemed to be more down and tired so I stopped it a couple days ago. I also got insomnia. I don't know how long I'm suppose to give the NAC and maybe it gets better but I was tired of the insomnia and being so tired.

·
inactive account
705 Posts
Yeah it helped to a degree. I'm thinking of going back to it, but I need more help in conjunction with that.
Maybe combining it with Pregabalin might be an option?

I tried NAC these past couple weeks, but I seemed to be more down and tired so I stopped it a couple days ago. I also got insomnia. I don't know how long I'm suppose to give the NAC and maybe it gets better but I was tired of the insomnia and being so tired.
Same as with SSRIs: 3 to 4 weeks...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Perhaps your treatment has led to a hormonal imbalance in your body; for example, a lack of the hormone testosterone affects the figure in the same way as an excess: muscle weakness, lethargy. The body looks loose and helpless. Constant fatigue, depressed mood. If you notice such symptoms, you should contact an endocrinologist to monitor your hormones. You can also learn more about hormones on Healthcanal. Perhaps this will be a solution for you, including with bloating.

·
Registered
575 Posts

N-Acetyl Cysteine in the Treatment of Obsessive Compulsive and Related Disorders
but ask your doctor before you add it to your meds, not sure if they interfere

1 - 12 of 12 Posts