Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
ambiguous
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys!

idk, i've always been shy but it wasn't till i read some article that i realised i may/probably have social anxiety. i'll have days where i'm happy and confident, but unfortunately they are few and ephemeral and before i know it i'll be self conscious and :( for weeks, and simple things like walking through the platform at the train station or booking appointments over the phone gives me butterflies.

there's also the judgemental perfectionist inside which makes me feel like i have to look immaculate all the time. now, while i don't desire to look like anyone else, i have days where i can't even look in the mirror. i refuse to have ANY photos of myself taken. i guess some of this stems from when i had terrible skin, but even though it's been a year now i can't get over it. is it feasible that i'm simultanously suffering from social anxiety and body dysmorphic disorder? i've been told i'm attractive by complete strangers but..no. i seriously get freaked out when i'm hit on by guys and when people smile at me i feel so uncomfortable i avert my gaze and wonder what they're laughing at.

all of this = sadness.

i'm going to see a professional tomorrow for a definitive diagnosis, though i'm pretty sure my conclusions from noob googling are right. my cyberchrondriac skillz have been refined over the past couple of years :D

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Welcome, Lychee! :)

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey lychee welcome. :hyper

·
Back again ...
3,727 Posts
'Sup, Lychee? :wels

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.