Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else around here get sad in the summertime? I tend to have much worse moods in the summer than I do in the cooler fall and winter months. It seems that with most people it's just the opposite. Now I don't know if I have Reverse Seasonal Affective Disorder or anything like that, but I am always a little more down in the summertime.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Yup. I cannot stand the summertime: children yelling from 8am to whenever, everybody in the street, dodging sprinklers on my way to the bus stop while sweating profusely. It makes me really upset because I don't have friends in close proximity to hang with.

I can't wait til the Fall. I relish the brisk weather, the way it gets pitch dark at 5pm, and all those annoying a** people can go back in their houses.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh yeah and I also can't sleep in the summertime either. That's what I'm still awake at 5 in the morning!

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
I HATE summertime. The weather sucks (even worse than the cold), the days are longer (I'm a night person), and my family has a lot of barbecues and expect me to socialize... I loathe barbecues.

Autumn is the best time of the year for me. The weather's pretty neutral, the days are shorter, and it has my favorite holiday of the year (Halloween).

Only 117 days until Autumn begins...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't like the summer. I rarely sleep well. I feel fat in t shirts which makes me stay indoors because I think everyone's laughing at me, staring at my tummy. It's really not that big, but it feels it. So much pressure is put on men to have a washboard stomach but no matter what I eat, I have a little wobbly tummy and no definition.

I love winter where you can wrap up or stay inside reading or watching a film.

·
Do you see?
734 Posts
I don't like summer at all. At least when I'm depressed in winter, it feels right and in it's place. I can almost embrace it, in a way.

But in summer it's just so out of line, I don't know what to do with myself. I walk around at night. I'm going to get drunk, maybe it'll help with the restlessness.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts