Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
subtastic
7,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are you taking any?

I'm taking a couple of courses this summer in order to lighten my course load in the fall. I took one last summer and I liked it a lot. Courses meet twice as frequently, but take half as long to complete!

·
Too School for Cool
6,857 Posts
Heck yes! Calculus II for biological sciences and molecular cell biology! Woop woop!

Having to be at school at 815am in the summer is haaaaard. But it's more relaxed, and it never really feels as stressful as the other two semesters. I like it.

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
I'll be in a research program. Was going to take a bio class in the later part of the summer but there wasn't enough time for it. Ah well.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Statistics and sociology. They're online classes though, which in retrospect isn't so great for my SA, but it allows me more freedom.

·
resident classicist
4,408 Posts
American Literature II, Art 101, and Classics 105 (From Myth to Film) spread out over three sessions of summer school.

·
subtastic
7,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh, I forgot to post mine.

I'm taking Canadian Short Story and Religion & Myth in the Ancient Near East.

·
crazy
2,067 Posts
I'll be taking Studies in Children's Literature.
American Literature II, Art 101, and Classics 105 (From Myth to Film) spread out over three sessions of summer school.
I'm taking Canadian Short Story and Religion & Myth in the Ancient Near East.
Those all sound really interesting (especially the last one!). I'm going to take a Psychology of Religion class, and see if I can volunteer or work in a lab somewhere. I like the summer session cause the campus is so much less crowded than normal.

·
Banned
2,768 Posts
im wishing I did..kind of. im in the midst of procrastinating for finals so im sick of doing work, but i dont see any reason to go out of the house without school.

bleh

might be a long 3 months

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm taking a class that studies how various religions interprets the Bible. It meets twice a week for eight weeks, rather than the normal once a week for 15 weeks. It just started and already it's interesting. Very philosophical.

·
Pervy Ranger #8
772 Posts
That I am. I was so happy when it became available. I hadn't been to any kind of class, any regularly intellectually stimulating environment, in a long time. Not until this year. And it's fantastic.

We're meeting preemptively to discuss what to study when the summer begins. It's a lit, art, culture and philosophy deal so there are a lot of options. We had a lawyer/author in to talk to us not long ago. A friend and fellow classmate might have her filmmaker daughter in to talk to us.

·
Registered
61 Posts
It appears I'll have to take one, maybe two summer classes. I'm beating myself over the head for slacking off last semester, but I guess there's not much to be done besides repeating the courses. It's SO nice that it's online though, so it won't interfere with my work schedule.

I would be taking Humanities 101 and possibly English 102 (which I technically already did at another college but it wasn't accepted! Burnout anyone?).

·
Worst poster, hands down
303 Posts
I'm thinking of attending a one-week intensive early music camp in July. Great teachers and a lot of group playing. It's ridiculously expensive, but it would be a good way to finally start playing the lute.

·
Registered
247 Posts
i'm taking introduction to controls, engineering reliability, and material deformation and failure. i'm thinking about taking a guitar class for fun.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts