Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a week ago jellybean suggested I read Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway by Susan Jeffers. I found this book extremely helpful, it gave me real confidence boost. I haven't felt this good about myself in a very long time.

I was just wondering if anyone else has any books they would recommend, books that have helped you?

·
Staying positive
754 Posts
"Feeling Good The New Mood Therapy". Partly CBT, partly other things, great book to read. I got it as an ebook for free (hint).

·
Banned
501 Posts
The Feeling Good Handbook by David D. Burns has a chapter on Social Anxiety unlike the other "Feel Good" book. I would also recommend Painfully Shy: How to Overcome Social Anxiety and Reclaim your Life by Markway, PhD and Overcoming Social Anxiety and Shyness by Gillian Butler.

·
Banned
497 Posts
About a week ago jellybean suggested I read Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway by Susan Jeffers. I found this book extremely helpful, it gave me real confidence boost. I haven't felt this good about myself in a very long time.

I was just wondering if anyone else has any books they would recommend, books that have helped you?
overcoming shyness and sa by gillian butler

the shyness and sa workbook by richard p swinson or anthony p swinson

the monster is real by yehuda berg

the power of kabbalah by yehuda berg

*i cant stand that feel the fear and do it anyway book book , its useless , the book isnt even about fear

·
Registered
706 Posts
Another book i've found useful in the past is "Fear the friend of exceptional people" by Geoff Thompson. It's not ideal for SA sufferers since it doesn't cover negative beliefs or core beliefs or anything like that but it does provide a decent model for exposure such as the fear pyramid.

·
Banned
497 Posts
Explain!? :sus
at the start it mentions fear e.g there are 3 types of fear, fear that you cant handle the fear etc.....

after that though there was nothing in it about fear. there was nothing in that book to help me with fear, and not even an explanation of how fear works . totally useless

·
Registered
706 Posts
at the start it mentions fear e.g there are 3 types of fear, fear that you cant handle the fear etc.....

after that though there was nothing in it about fear. there was nothing in that book to help me with fear, and not even an explanation of how fear works . totally useless
I'll reply to you properly when i find my bloody copy.

I will say though that it did well for me, gave me some useful ideas and was quite inspirational.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts