Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Description:

Anxiety & Panic Disorder Support Group by the Mental Health Association in Suffolk County, Inc.

The MHAS also provides group support to individuals diagnosed with mental illness. The topics of these groups include Mood Disorder, Anxiety and Panic Disorder and Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder. The groups are facilitated by trained professionals or by persons who have an intimate knowledge of the subject matter and knowledge of group facilitation techniques. The groups
meet weekly or biweekly for two-hours. The focus of the program is on mutual support; and includes topics such as sharing of similar experiences, problems in accessing services, medication, stigma, benefits and entitlements, advocacy issues, etc.

Meeting Time:
Every Tuesday at 4:30 p.m at the Mental Health Association in Suffolk - 199 North Wellwood Avenue, Lindenhurst, NY 11757

Cost:
FREE

More Info:
Contact 631-226-3900 to sign up

Program and Outreach Coordinator:
Laura Gigantino
[email protected]
Mental Health Association in Suffolk County, Inc.
199 North Wellwood Avenue
Lindenhurst, NY 11757
(631) 226-3900 ext. 14

www.mhasuffolk.org

·
whats up?~
1,356 Posts
I don't really consider myself to have a mental disorder to say I have anxiety, but can I still come to this group if I have the time?

·
Do You Even Shift?
4,679 Posts
My face when this isn't Suffolk, England.. :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
The details of this group have changed. For more current info pleast visit: mhasuffolk.org
I checked out the support group section on the website and noticed that the only listed meeting for the Anxiety and Panic Disorders group was in Amityville. Does this mean that there are no longer meetings taking place at the Lindenhurst location? I am curious because I live just blocks away from the previous address and never knew it had existed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts