Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is an old post off of a forum i used to go to years ago. its been updated. this is a christian post with scriptures and the like. u have been warned. it's proved helpful for many people already, hope it helps you.

My name is Chris. I’m 19 years old, soon to be 20. My parents are Bill and Ginny. I’m a kingdom kid, meaning I’ve grown up in this church. I got baptized at 13 years old, in the 7th grade. I’ve been a disciple for over 6 years. And this is my story. I’m will be talking about persevering in life through suffering. So title this as

“ the gift of pain.”

I’m going to concentrate on the physical suffering and maybe a little bit on mental suffering. I’m going to open myself up and show you, me.

:: life story goes here::

Lessons for living life through perseverance

Jeremiah 29:11
“ For you know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “ plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

Everything happens for a reason, towards your benefit. It happens on God’s timetable, not yours. It is for you benefit even if you can’t see it right now.

Romans 5: 3-5
“Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.

Everything. EVERYTHING, we go through builds us, molds our character towards what we will be in the future, through our experiences including suffering builds your CHARACTER meaning you are who YOU are because of EVERYTHING you have been through.

2 Corinthians 12: 7-10
“ To keep me from becoming conceited because of the surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a through in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me.”

Ever wonder, “why, God, why?! ” or “ Why me?!” This is the scripture for you.

“ Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, “ My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”

You have what you have for a reason, God have it to you as a “gift”, “for his power is made perfect in weakness.”

“Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. This is why for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties.”

Delight in everything you go though. It is god molding you.

“For when I am weak, then I am strong.”

It is ok to be weak, God makes us strong. When we are weak, we are far more willing and able to turn to God to help us, and in return he makes us strong.

Matthew 6:34
“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Everyday is new. Everyday is a new start, start now. Take everything day by day. Yesterday is gone, you can’t change the past. The future hasn’t happened yet, so let tomorrow worry about itself. Focus on today, and deal with today.

1 Corinthians 13: 4a, 6b, 7 & 8, 13
“Love is patient, love is kind… it rejoices in the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.”

1 Peter 4:8
“Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.”

Jeremiah 29: 12- 14a
“ Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you, “ declares the Lord.”

Ever feel lost or that god isn’t there. This scripture will help you if you ever feel lost from god.

1 Corinthians 12: 27-31
“Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it. And in the church of God has appointed first of all apostles, second prophets, third teachers , then workers of miracles, also those having gifts of healing, those able to help others, those with gifts of administration, and those speaking in different kinds of tongues. Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Do all work miracles? Do all have gifts of healing? Do all speak in tongues? Do all interpret? But eagerly desire the greater gifts.”

God gave us each something we are good at. Put together as a whole, as a family, we each excel at different things and through this can and will reach the vast and diverse world. We are each unique. I absolutely love being me. I hate normalcy or average. I just purely love being me. God made me, me. Why should I strive to be like him or her. I can imitate certain aspects of different people and learn from them. I strive to be me and be more like Jesus.

1 Peter 4: 10
“ Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God’s grace in its various forms.”

God gives us each our own gifts.

What has all of this given me. A loving and kind personality that loves to listen to and help others. I love to do my best to heal others spiritually. I relate well to people who suffer. I’m not a sports person or a physically active guy, but I love hanging out and being with people. Despite everything I have been through I am still faithful, still fighting, still persevering, and still suffering, but I rejoice in it all and thank god for it everyday.

UPDATES... UPDATES... I KNOW YOU PEOPLE LOVE UPDATES! :D

I just turned 7 years old in april. I'm a 20 year old single bro, dating a spectacular sister. I'll be 21 in nov. The last couple months since i last posted have been interesting. I've made some bad decisions and fallen on my face hard, but i always get back up. I've been getting pain procedures that mostly help kill most of the pain. The procedure is new and still experimental. They insert needles into my spine and either put medicine in or burn off the nerve endings. The latter is cause the brain sends signals to your nerves and your nerves send the signal back registering the pain. NO nerve endings, no pain, at least thereotically. it works most of the time but the recovery period of a week or so is usually literally hell. my legs are constantly on fire. anyways this last procedure something went wrong and i the top half of my right foot went numb and i can barely feel it. the whole let is immersed in majorly painful racking pain. however i know god is with me. i know he's always there and everything that happens is for my own good. and despite everything i love him completely with all of my heart. no matter what i go through i will never ever forget that. my pain is nothing compared to what jesus went through. and this post, both former and further isnt about boasting. its about sharing my life and everything i've gone through and go through to help inspire people, especially young people. To encourage people to hang in there, sometimes even to say, that guy goes through so much and is still faithful, i can do it too. 2 Corinthians 12:7-10. verse 9 "my grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." verse 10 "... FOR WHEN I AM WEAK, THEN I AM STRONG." despite everything i go through and went through as a teen and now as a single adult male. i remember that scripture the most and it gets me through my days. I have some major weaknesses. but i've turned them into strengths. that's the key. gotta find a way to turn your weaknesses into strengths. to god be the glory, amen.

brenidil

Recently life has been really hard and i nearly gave up. Its been 3 1/2 weeks on constant and horrible dibilitating pain. I had to quit my job, i can barely walk, and it felt like no one loved me. No one called, people treated me differently at church when i went in the wheelchair, i've been on pain meds and other meds so my feelings have been both all over the wall and everywhere, i've been majorly depressed from both emotions and pain. I felt like i didnt have anyone to talk to, and i blamed god for alot of it, especially the fact that i can barely walk and have to spend alot of time off my feet. I fell hard again recently. It took prayers from both me and friends and constant and deep talks from some very special people, and some good hang out time with some very encouraging brothers here. John Hoyt called me today and we talked about how i've been feeling concerning him and everything in general and he apologized for some stuff and i feel good. I'm very tired and in constant pain but im better than ever. Me and jenn have had some great talks and hard times through stuff but came out better than even and more grateful and appreciating of each other and god in general. God is number one in my life again, i was afraid to admit it for the last couple weeks that he wasnt number one in my life, because people look up to me, but i came to realize im human, i make mistakes, and i have to admit those mistakes and learn from them. so im doing my best to get back on my feet and continue fighting. So moral... hang in there no matter what, even when it feels the world is coming down on you and stick by your faith, convictions, and guts. Everything happens on god's timetable and for our benefit Jeremiah 29.

bren

I just turned 8 in april. Broke up with the love of my life in july. And am currently alone and usually bed ridden.

Drexes aka Brenidil

·
SAS Veteran
1,841 Posts
Thats very good. :) Good points.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Your love of God is awesome. I'm sorry you're in so much physical pain. I will say a prayer for you.

jenky

1 - 3 of 3 Posts