Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
S.A.D. Summer Disorder
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to search for others here with the Summer Seasonal Disorder but have not found any recent posts. Are you all still out there or on another site? I feel pretty much all alone on this one, loving cool weather and hating heat and humidity.

Hoping someone can relate :). I'm not popular amongst my summer-loving family and friends this time of year. Thanks!

·
Banned
84 Posts
No, I prefer cooler weather too. It rained for most of today and I felt it very calming. Everyone becomes so active, loud, and busy during hot sunny days. On days like this people seem to chill out and become more easy-going (although I do get sick of hearing them whine about the rain). Honestly I've been counting the days until it's the fall.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I think I have both winter and summer seasonal depression :p Like I always hate that it seems like more months are cold, so I have to wear more clothes and do more laundry and stay inside..But..during summer I miss the rain so bad!!! I miss that feeling of being cold..turning the heater on.snuggling with somebody LOL. And I hate that in the summer you know theres no chance of the cool days when it does snow here in teh winter..

ahh, could I ever be happy? :p

·
Banned
2,799 Posts
I think I have both winter and summer seasonal depression :p
Hey, me too! High faive!? Probably not. But I totally understand where both you and the OP are coming from. I like winter clothes better, and the fact that I don't have to worry about changing clothes twice a day because the temp is 100 degrees. But I dislike freezing my *** off in 10 degree weather just as much as I dislike sweating in 100-degree weather. I'm comfortable in spring and fall and that's about it.

Summer is definitely worse than winter though. This is the time when we're all supposed to be going out and enjoying ourselves, so I feel more pressure to "have fun," and feel sadder when I don't. I always greet September with a smile :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi.
Just joined this forum, there isn't much support or understanding of summer s.a.d 'out there' so glad to find here. I've suffered depression during the summer for as long as I remember but didn't put two and two together until about 10 years ago. I find the change in light levels, rather than just temperature, has a big affect on my mood,I really notice the light change to spring a few weeks ago here,in the UK. I dread summer and love when we get snow, it makes me feel so much better. Here's hoping for a cool cloudy summer.

·
Banned
2,397 Posts
I love the summer. I hate the winter. Where I live it rains in the winter and the summers are perfect.

·
madly in love
2,433 Posts
i don't dislike summer, but i hate spring. i always get depressed in march/april/may. the weather is starting to get warmer right now and it is really bringing me down. which is strange because i dislike cold weather, so i should be happy that its getting warmer. but i'm not.

·
Soul Vacation
188 Posts
I don't like Summer or Winter. The extreme temperatures don't do it for me. In the Winter I have chills almost all the time and in the Summer I get heat headaches, exhaustion, etc. Summer is the worse of the two, because it's hard to escape the heat. With cool weather, you can always put on more layers. Also, it's sooo dry in the Summer which equals fires. And I love and miss the rain.

Don't worry, you aren't alone.

·
Soul Vacation
188 Posts
Hey, me too! High faive!? Probably not. But I totally understand where both you and the OP are coming from. I like winter clothes better, and the fact that I don't have to worry about changing clothes twice a day because the temp is 100 degrees. But I dislike freezing my *** off in 10 degree weather just as much as I dislike sweating in 100-degree weather. I'm comfortable in spring and fall and that's about it.

Summer is definitely worse than winter though
. This is the time when we're all supposed to be going out and enjoying ourselves, so I feel more pressure to "have fun," and feel sadder when I don't. I always greet September with a smile :D
agree. I love Spring and Fall. Sad that they are the shorter seasons :(

·
Thinking of cleverness
3,184 Posts
I hate the summer. I do not know what is so appealing sweating to death and having a hot sun beating down everywhere. I hate stepping out and seeing nothing but brightness. I hate wearing flip-flops. I hate feeling hot at night! I hate the BUGS!!! But it is always nice to have a cool drink or treat when it's hot. Fruity drinks always sound yummy then. I hate summer and unfortunately in Southern California, there's a lot of it.

I much prefer the winter. Rain, socks, pants, jackets, hot drinks, all much much more comforting. I love getting under my blankets when I go to sleep, all warm and snug. I love wearing thick socks or my slippers. It is now March and the coldest of days are behind me and it's only going to get hot and gross again fairly soon. *cries*

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have really bad winter SAD. As soon as it's even forecast to get just a little bit cold i feel like crap. Even though the house is really warm i still get like it, i think it's in the genes. I'm from a romany gypsy family and we used to have to have twice as many children as the rest as 50% of them would die from the cold in winter.
My great grandmother lost 5 in the pea picking fields of winter, just 2 survived. Times got easier when they moved into houses in the 60s.

·
Registered
10,579 Posts
I don't like sunny, hot, and humid weather. The sun feels like it is attacking me. I get very fatigue when it is like that. I just end up escaping into a room in the house with AC. Use to go to the one bedroom upstairs to hide out during the heat of the day, but ended up installing a minisplit in the downstairs bedroom. I haven't really used it yet since I got it installed mid September. By then there was no need for it. Luckily, it just got warm enough the day it was installed to make sure it worked, but have to wait until the hotter weather to really
try it out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.