Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
728 Posts
Stay indoors, because i also have nowhere to go, and no one to go with. Plus i'd be too afraid if i did have somewhere to go, with someone.

Good old social anxiety.....:um

·
Registered
101 Posts
Go to a nice big park with a nice big drawing pad and... be an artist. Let thy imagination blossom in its infinite beauty :3
Too bad all the parks here are for little children and their hawk eyed mothers. I'd like to go somewhere where I didn't have to feel ashamed about smoking a cigarette and saying a "bad" word. :roll

Yeah, I usually just go for a walk on days like these but then I encounter acquaintances and neighbors and they want to chat and yadda yadda. I just sit by the window and watch the clouds roll by~ :)

·
Registered
315 Posts
That is a really poetic scene :3

You might do a self portrait - you, wide french-style window, clouds outside.

Outside a scene of children playing in the park. A largish one, such that we may illustrate the full expanse of the sky.

One half it is sunny and cloudy. Children run and laugh under the trees, over the bridge spanning the river.

The other half, it is dark and malevolent. Lightning strikes and thunder rolls across the park and neighbouring suburban estate. Wind howls. Debris fly, umbrellas shrivel under the onslaught of nature as people cower, run for shelter. A speeding bicyclist topples, the rain in his eyes, unable to see. Everything, unlike the left half, is at a standstill.

Contrast, gentle reader, you have visualised. There are always two sides to a coin in everything.

For those who can run and play, life is an endless adventure.

but for us who are confined to our thoughts in secrecy... that adventure is our darkness. They cannot force their happiness onto us. It will only lead to disaster.

Yet in disaster there is beauty. Power of nature, and how it governs us all.

·
Registered
388 Posts
sometimes i hate sunny days...I mean they do kind of lift your mood and all but cloudy/cold/rainy days just give me an excuse to stay indoors, which I prefer.

I can't think of anything to do outside either (espec. with no social life). I mean when I was a kid growing up on farmland I would run around outside and find ways to have fun but obviously I've outgrown that. Besides my neighbors can be nosy ***** sometimes. I hate living in a neighborhood.

·
Banned
2,799 Posts
I get to the mall sometimes too, but I'd prefer to stay outdoors today. Too bad I'm working until midnight! If I wasn't at work, I'd be in the park, writing stuff. Probably bad fiction, but something that inspired me.

I really wish I had a tennis partner.

·
crazy
2,067 Posts
You might do a self portrait - you, wide french-style window, clouds outside.

Outside a scene of children playing in the park. A largish one, such that we may illustrate the full expanse of the sky.

One half it is sunny and cloudy. Children run and laugh under the trees, over the bridge spanning the river.

The other half, it is dark and malevolent. Lightning strikes and thunder rolls across the park and neighbouring suburban estate. Wind howls. Debris fly, umbrellas shrivel under the onslaught of nature as people cower, run for shelter. A speeding bicyclist topples, the rain in his eyes, unable to see. Everything, unlike the left half, is at a standstill.
that's a cool imaginary painting you described there - i want to see it!

op: i used to have this dilemma, i'd try to go to parks and stuff, and i'd enjoy the weather, but i'd always end up feeling worse, cause everyone else was out with their friends or girlfriends, and i'd be going back to an empty house. maybe you could find someone in your town who also has SA so you could go outside with someone else, and just walk around a park or something when the weather's nice?

·
Retired Enforcer
19,113 Posts
Go to a nice big park with a nice big drawing pad and... be an artist. Let thy imagination blossom in its infinite beauty :3
Go to a nice big park and watch the cute boys pretending to be artists! :b

Just getting out can be a good step. Go for a walk and enjoy the sunshine. Take some stale bread to a lake and feed the ducks. Find an outdoor cafe, order a coffee and sit there pretending to be French.

·
The Phoenix
381 Posts
-Chat Online
-Go workout
-Practice on my guitar
-Eat
-Study
-Something COMPLETELY random once each day. (Sometimes)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.