Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am seriously considering this and I'm wondering why its not very popular? There is hypnotherapy in my city and I'm considering it, but it is pricy. So I'm thinking I will try a book or download. I have come a long way from just a year ago by just forcing myself to do things, but thats SO painful. Maybe the hypnosis would lessen the anxiety?

·
Registered
336 Posts
I've tried a book and some CDs. I would say it's not popular as not widely accepted like CBT and therapies are accepted by Drs and clinical studies. I wouldn't rule it out, but I'm a bit tentative. I got from the CDs that you have to keep using them daily to have an effect. I did wonder about in person hypnosis and posted here but didn't find anyone that tried it and was a bit wary as it's expensive for something that may not work. I wondered would someone really be cured of smoking from 1 or 2 sessions. I'm also wary of some of the claims made by hypnotherapists and motivational people about results being guaranteed, I can't help but think they are preying on the vulnerable sometimes. However, I think some hypnotherapists are probably OK but that you would not be cured in 1 session. I made some enquiries and it seemed that they would run a series of sessions given my particular problems and I was put off by the cost, and finding one local enough. If it is a deep rooted problem I'm not sure it would be the quick fix you would hope for, but then I've not met anyone who has tried it. In person they would tailor it to you, the CDs will be generic and may not be as effective.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Id rather self hypnosis, over going to a hypnotherapist. When your alone, you can completely relax and I think this will help. I have alot of downloaded hypnosis. But Ive only found a couple of ones that work. I think its an individual thing, some peoples voices can irritate you, others are like magic. I reckon I downloaded a hundred different self hypnosis cds, probably only 5 out of them worked for me. Theres also alot of 'wackos' out there who think they can cure everything by hypnosis. Its not a cure. But the right ones do help.
The first time I tried a hypnosis cd, I was blown away by what it showed me. I didnt start listening with a open mind, but as I listened again, I thought.. just let go, dont judge it, just listen with an open mind.
I also have alot of guided meditations/guided imagery/visualizations, which is a good start if your interested in meditation. I listen to these when I just cant completely relax and meditate on my own without a guide.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Can you post where you downloaded the 5 or so that you thought were helpful?
I use torrents. You'll need a file sharing software to download torrents. I use (utorrent) theres alot of different software out there, I used to use (Azureus, now called Vuze). Then I just search 'hypnosis' or whatever you want to download through http://www.torrentz.com/. It can be a lil complicated if you dont know what your doing. But once you get the basics its quite simple.

·
Banned
497 Posts
I am seriously considering this and I'm wondering why its not very popular? There is hypnotherapy in my city and I'm considering it, but it is pricy. So I'm thinking I will try a book or download. I have come a long way from just a year ago by just forcing myself to do things, but thats SO painful. Maybe the hypnosis would lessen the anxiety?
the best way to make hypnosis work is :

*have a couple of sessions with an nlp practionaire who combines nlp, hypnosis, and timeline therapy. make sure you find a good practionaire though that you respect and have faith in (not all of them are good )
they useally offer you a free introduction so that u can go down and meet them before deciding if you want the sessions or not

*after the sessions listen to a cd everyday for 21 days . the cd should relate to your particualr problem e.g if its blushing you are trying to deal with then use a hypno cd for blushing. the best cds ive found are at www.empoweringsounds.com

*after 21 days of the hypno cd listen to thinkrightnows ''conquering SA''cd everyday whilst also taking action to face your fears www.thinkrightnow.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts