·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's weirs to me that ive barely heard of any medication success stories:/

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
The success stories aren't posted because the majority of people who are successful move on. This forum is mainly for those trying to find their med combo that works for them. I am slowly working towards finding my med combo. You won't get rid of anxiety totally but will get to a level where you can tolerate it.

·
Fluctuating
1,353 Posts
You may want to keep in mind that the majority of people who circulate on these boards are either
A) -treatment resistant,
B) - best try to manage with what physiology they have been dealt with

to a lesser extent, and i stress this relentlessly,

C) - Secretly enjoy where they are and thus dont want change
D) - Enjoy being able to manipulate their moods with substances.

·
Registered
10,387 Posts
The success stories aren't posted because the majority of people who are successful move on.
Indeed.

I'd say I've got a success story with meds but like to still visit this forum to try and advise/help others. I also use the off-topic discussion forums so I'm not far away anyway.

·
Registered
192 Posts
A success story right here, read my previous posts. All cured through medication. Got my honours in Psychology and I am now training as a Communicative support Psychologist alongside my post-grad. This coming from somebody who couldn't leave the house at one point.

300mg Effexor XR (don't start talking about brain zaps, I like them)
2mg clonazepam (don't start talking about tolerance or withdrawal as I don't get either and have been taking the same dosage for about 7 or 8 years.)
40mg Propranolol (inderal) 2 - 3 times daily prn

Voila, ....functional human being making a more than average salary which will grow with experience. I should also mention that I have a longtime partner and we moved into a flat together.

I used to watch films and dream about this kind of thing, and even that would make me nervous.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Nope no successful stories here.
What do you have to say about the guy posting above me?

I am on a path to success. The xanax is great on the three days I take it. I plan to go on ritalin on a few days a week and my anxiety is gone on ritalin. So my schedule will look like this:

Monday - Baclofen
Tuesday - Xanax
Wednesday - Xanax
Thursday - Xanax
Friday - Baclofen
Saturday - Ritalin
Sunday - Ritalin

No tolerance or addiction. Also maintenance dose of DXM for tolerance. I will let you know how good it is.

Heavy work on GABA A and B and then some Dopamine.

·
Registered
481 Posts
What do you have to say about the guy posting above me?

I am on a path to success. The xanax is great on the three days I take it. I plan to go on ritalin on a few days a week and my anxiety is gone on ritalin. So my schedule will look like this:

Monday - Baclofen
Tuesday - Xanax
Wednesday - Xanax
Thursday - Xanax
Friday - Baclofen
Saturday - Ritalin
Sunday - Ritalin

No tolerance or addiction. Also maintenance dose of DXM for tolerance. I will let you know how good it is.

Heavy work on GABA A and B and then some Dopamine.
Good for him? Keep in mind he is studying psychology so he would most likely be bias towards meds; he sounds like a salesman for big pharma. :|

·
Fluctuating
1,353 Posts
Good for him? Keep in mind he is studying psychology so he would most likely be bias towards meds; he sounds like a salesman for big pharma. :|
That has to be the most outrageous statement you've made.
Do you realize that no-one takes it seriously any more?

I study Psychology-Psychophysiology. Care to make any inferences on my behalf too?

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Psychologist are not psychiatrists
They do not prescribe medications
Your a troll

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Wouldn't med success actually = a financial loss for Psychologists? Since they make their money chiefly from providing talk therapy to those who need it, and the more effective a medication is for a person, the less likely a person is to attend talk therapy, I would assume.

·
Fluctuating
1,353 Posts
Wouldn't med success actually = a financial loss for Psychologists? Since they make their money chiefly from providing talk therapy to those who need it, and the more effective a medication is for a person, the less likely a person is to attend talk therapy, I would assume.
+1

·
Registered
481 Posts
That has to be the most outrageous statement you've made.
Do you realize that no-one takes it seriously any more?

I study Psychology-Psychophysiology. Care to make any inferences on my behalf too?
Don't care if anyone doesn't take me seriously and I'm being serious about that. Obviously he has a bias towards medication. I speak of facts and the truth.

·
Fluctuating
1,353 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Such bs. Its inflaming.
That is your opinion. I don't quite understand why you keep quoting me. Facts are facts if you choose to ignore them that is your choice. Thorazine.... wasn't that one of the first antipsychotic type medication? Tardive Dyskinesia is strongly associated with that med. This is the last time I'm responding to you. :|

·
Fluctuating
1,353 Posts
That is your opinion. I don't quite understand why you keep quoting me. Facts are facts if you choose to ignore them that is your choice. Thorazine.... wasn't that one of the first antipsychotic type medication? Tardive Dyskinesia is strongly associated with that med. This is the last time I'm responding to you. :|
Once more you arent actually saying ANYTHING, other than blanket statements that are clearly trolling, anti-med anti psychiatry one liners.

A perfect example is above, where you say randomly say

"Thorazine wasnt that one of the first antipsychotic type medication?"

What relevance does that have to anything being discussed about here?
I find it difficult to understand your lack of logical argument

·
Registered
501 Posts
The most success I hear is from anti-depressants especially ones specifically clinically trialled for social anxiety like paxil.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts