Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have this one Case Manager that doesn't come in until noon. So he schedules a client's yearly meeting at 4:30 pm. Well her family comes so it takes two hours. So that means it will go on until 6:30 pm. Well the agency closes at 5 pm and I usually get off at 4 pm, because I come in at 7 am. I like having an hour to do paperwork without having my office mate talk at me, the phone ringing, the supervisor coming in, etc. Well I got crap to get done here at home. I got to finish doing some yard work, and have to get my summer tires loaded up in the back of my truck because I am going out to my dad's place to change them. My garage isn't big enough to work in and I live on a side of a hill so I don't have a level place to do it. So I take it out to my dad's because he has a nice level driveway. I am only going to stay 30 minutes if I go at all. This client I see every week anyways and she has been doing very well over the last year.

·
Registered
154,228 Posts
I have stuff scheduled two hours before I normally come in now. Add to that a 40-minute commute, and we're in business. The joys of outsourcing! :yay :no

·
Retired Enforcer
19,113 Posts
My hours are from 5:30 -2:00. When they schedule meetings for after 2:00 I decline with the explanation that my hours run until 2:00.

·
Registered
10,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I blew the meeting off. I told the Case Manager I wasn't coming. I talked with him regarding her. The client is doing real well. The only thing the Case Manager wanted put in the treatment plan was a special 1 on 1 outing with staff if she did good. I have no trouble with that. I see this client every Friday so I know what is going on with her.

·
Registered
10,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have stuff scheduled two hours before I normally come in now. Add to that a 40-minute commute, and we're in business. The joys of outsourcing! :yay :no
I am lucky that my commute is only ten minutes if the lift bridge doesn't go up. If it goes up it takes 10 minutes for it to go up and another 10 minutes to go back down. It is usually a sail boat that causes it to go up. We don't get very many ore boats coming into the canal unless there is a big storm out on the big lake. They talked about building a second bridge across, but pigs will fly before that happens. Without the bridge I live on an Island in Lake Superior.

·
Registered
154,228 Posts
My hours are from 5:30 -2:00. When they schedule meetings for after 2:00 I decline with the explanation that my hours run until 2:00.
What time are your lunch breaks? That sounds like a breakfast break. :(

·
Retired Enforcer
19,113 Posts
Everybody else comes in at 7:00. I take my breaks with them. Lunch is at 11:40. I leave right after the afternoon break.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.