Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, first post here and hoping this board can offer me a little help with my SA.

I imagine most of the posters here have struggled with SA in some form or fashion so I don't need to explain how difficult it can be to manage sometimes.

I'm 22, currently out of school and unemployed. I have goals in life and my situation isn't a result of being lazy or anything like that, the fears from anxiety have just kind of swallowed up and stopped any momentum I've managed to create since graduating High School. I get extremely frustrated because it feels like I've been going through a vicious cycle of taking one step forward and two steps back.

I'm at a point now where I just feel totally defeated.

I've been living back home with my parents for almost a year now, they understand I'm struggling with this and have been very supportive. However, I have an impending sense of guilt that I'm just becoming a burden for them.

Leaving the house has become extremely difficult, I get a sense of panic even thinking about it. I have reached out for therapy in the past and I'm leaning towards seeking that out again in the coming weeks.

Boards like these are great because it lets you know that you're not alone in how you feel, even though it can seem that way. Any feedback would be great, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I think it's great that you're posting here. I'm pretty new and feel kinda weird here and there about doing this, but then it's a great place to "break the ice" with others because we all have at least one thing in common.

·
HeavyDirtySøul
5,969 Posts
Hello, Im new too and this is my first post as well. I just wanted to tell you that I can really identify with you. I graduated highschool last year and I still have no job and am not attending college.

Im living with my parents who know I have anxiety problems, yet are still disappointed in me. They call me childish and think I am lazy and dont want to change. My fear of pretty much everything is ruining all the plans I make.. and Im afraid of never getting anywhere.

I wish I knew what to say to help you.. I just hope you know your not alone.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey JJ9882 welcome. :hyper

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Well, at least you graduated high school! That's a hard thing to do for most people with social anxiety, me included... I'm also scared to leave my house, I only ever go out with family.

Anyways, stay strong! And welcome to SAS!

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Welcome, JJ9882! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts