Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who's scared out of their minds to do a study abroad program. If I didn't have S.A. I would go in a heartbeat. Most of my friends are going away to different places next semester and I feel so left out. I can't handle all the new people that I would have to meet. Most people hang out with folks from their school. Anyone going or have gone to study abroad?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Yeah, I think I'm going to go to Europe early next year. I'm a little terrified to be in a different place for a whole semester, especially since I've never been off the continent, but it's a great experience. I think it might be easier because, there's usually a lot of people from different schools participating who might not be going with someone they know. Ironically, I think the language barrier between the locals might help me feel more at ease.

·
In 'da 707
4,382 Posts
Heck i'd be terrified to do that. I would like to travel out of the U.S someday tho. I just can't be expected to be a competent studier under those conditions (it would be risky because i'd fail classes if i totally freaked out). Good luck if you decide to go though! :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
I would love to do a semester abroad. I am deluded enough to think it might help my SA since any time I talk to people it would be 'justified', since I'm not expected to know everything about wherever it is I would be studying.

Or something.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work for my majors, and I don't have the money. =/

·
Registered
643 Posts
I'd love to do it but it's expensive as hell. My brother went to Germany when he was at NC State. He broke his bank account and damn near broke mine. It would be a nice adventure though. He came back anti-american but it wore off after a couple of months.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.