Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
ಠ_ಠ
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The American Taekwondo Association (ATA) school in my town introduced Brazilian Jiu Jitsu as one of their martial arts last year. Since I was one of the three students that originally joined and stayed, the instructor would encourage me to speak up and describe techniques and moves along side him.

It's still a small class compared to it's Krav Maga and Taekwondo classes, but new students allow me to teach them techniques and work on public speaking.

I encourage more people to get into martial arts to combat anxiety (see what I did there?)

·
Banned
2,397 Posts
How hard would BJJ be on someone with a bad back...I would like to learn some of the moves for self defense, and I think I could handle some of it, but I don't think I could handle the take downs...

·
ಠ_ಠ
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How hard would BJJ be on someone with a bad back...I would like to learn some of the moves for self defense, and I think I could handle some of it, but I don't think I could handle the take downs...
It strains the back quite a bit. I would recommend getting into Striking (Kickboxing, Taekwondo, Boxing, etc) though I only have very limited knowledge of striking martial arts because I want to avoid head injuries (I'm a *****, I know).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts