Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
4,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:lol hope you weren't expecting something dirty, well, it's a little dirty.

Stroking parts of my body, on my skin, is very comforting to me and feels really good. Particularly my forearm, but also my palm, upper arm, and depending on how I'm sitting my calfs. If I'm stressed or even just bored I can do that and be pacified by it.

But, that's totally not appropriate to do in public right? Like, that looks really weird and gross right?

I honestly feel really silly asking this because I kinda know the answer but I just want a second opinion, what would you think if you saw someone in public slowly stroking her forearm?

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Why would it look weird or gross? If I saw someone stroking their arms I wouldn't think anything of it.

·
Banned
4,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It depends on your facial expression during and at whom you are staring intensely.
Well, I never know what my facial expressions are. I don't notice my face ever. Sometimes I catch a reflection of myself and I'm like 'wtf is my mouth doing??'

·
blob
1,221 Posts
i do the same thing! lol. not in public tho. it does feel really soothing. i just did it while watching myself in the mirror next to me. it does look a little weird lol

·
Attention Def..OMG KITTY!
380 Posts
Perfectly normal in my opinion. I often 'stroke' my right arm a bit in public as a small confidence boost.

And...yeah...you got me with the title xD

·
Banned
4,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i do the same thing! lol. not in public tho. it does feel really soothing. i just did it while watching myself in the mirror next to me. it does look a little weird lol
It feels sooo good. It gives me tingles up my arm when I do it lightly.

·
Seriously , never serious
6,456 Posts
Depends how long does this go on for , like more than a few minutes then it's weird creepy .

·
Banned
126 Posts
:lol hope you weren't expecting something dirty, well, it's a little dirty.

Stroking parts of my body, on my skin, is very comforting to me and feels really good. Particularly my forearm, but also my palm, upper arm, and depending on how I'm sitting my calfs. If I'm stressed or even just bored I can do that and be pacified by it.

But, that's totally not appropriate to do in public right? Like, that looks really weird and gross right?

I honestly feel really silly asking this because I kinda know the answer but I just want a second opinion, what would you think if you saw someone in public slowly stroking her forearm?
:boogie out really have a good sense of humor lol!!!
I almost thought this thread was about something perverted honestly

·
By myself, but not alone.
501 Posts
I tend to stroke my forearms and beard to just keep my hands busy. If I'm sitting or standing around in a public setting, it makes it feel as if I'm not just sitting still.

·
Optimism Prime~
7,122 Posts
It's kind of a reassurance mechanism isn't it? I find myself rubbing my arm sometimes without really meaning to.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts