Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've liked the same guy for 3 years and I'm so afraid to even strike up a conversation. I hate to admit that, but I feel so self conscious. Why would he ever like me? any advice on how I can start a conversation with him?

·
Registered
18,889 Posts
Oh that is a looong time to be hung up on someone...

Here's a conversation starter for you: "Hey." (Seriously - people wonder what to say to someone they see who they want to approach, and overthink it. How about hello?!)

Can't say much more without knowing the situation, but making a comment or talking about your surroundings or something you know you have in common (example, if you share a class or a teacher.. something like that) are always good for starters.

Or you could skip the conversation altogether and try something very direct: "Wanna make out?" ~

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Or you could skip the conversation altogether and try something very direct: "Wanna make out?" ~
ya this is probley your best option. No guy will turn that down especially if your somewhat good looking. men are w hores. If a girl ever straight up asked me that, then she is pretty badass in my book.;)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Well, what setting do you know the guy in? Do you have the same class with him? Work in the same place? Or know eachother through mutual friends?
If you guys know eachother through school or work you can ask him a simple question relating to it. Then when he answers you can expand upon it.
Also, don't think of the reason you want to talk to him is because you have an intense crush. It'll only make you more nervous. Just think that the reason you want to talk to him is because you just want to be aqquainted and see where it goes from there, just like you would with most people.

·
Newly Optimistic
2,319 Posts
ya this is probley your best option. No guy will turn that down especially if your somewhat good looking. men are w hores. If a girl ever straight up asked me that, then she is pretty badass in my book.;)
I hate to overanalyze this, but although this is the best option to get his attention because he WILL start liking you, women never do this because:

1.) Other women might find out and think she is a "sl*t" and ostracize her. It's worse to be unpopular among other women than to be unpopular among guys.

2.) If she doesn't know the guy well enough to make sure he's not an immature prick, he might view her as a fling and not as a serious relationship and dump her when he finds the next flavor of the week.

Anyway, to the OP, if you have SA (I'm guessing you do cuz you're at this board), it's prolly gonna be near impossible to pull something like this off. The first step is saying hi. Let him do the rest (wish I was a girl so I could do this!). Then do what other girls do, like dropping subtle hints that you're interested: smile, laugh at jokes that aren't really funny, brush your hair, act interested in what he's saying, (here come the hard parts for SA girls: ) act relaxed, use friendly body language, touch his arm/hand when you have something exciting to say, and act in a general "girly" kind of way.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts