Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
4,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have stretch marks despite never having been overweight? What could have caused that, and is it too late to make them go away?

·
slave
4,382 Posts
I myself have them. Stretch marks has nothing to do with weight, just the growth of the area. Especially if you're growing at a fast rate, like at puberty, for instance. Which is when I got them. Basically, your skin is trying to keep up with your growth and when it struggles the stretch marks occur.

As for getting rid of them, there's cocoa butter, which I've tried, though it only gave me some results, so I wasn't/am not totally satisfied. Though over 10 years later they are significantly lighter.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Yup ever since I was 11, I started noticing them on my stomach, very faint red lines. 13 years later i have them all over my body. I mean not everywhere. Upper arms, lower back, a few behind my knee and front, and a few on my shoulders, all white stretch marks some are barely noticeable.

·
Spectacular Member
21,089 Posts
I have them on my butt, though I have never really changed significantly in weight, except when I was on Zyprexa.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Does anyone have stretch marks despite never having been overweight? What could have caused that, and is it too late to make them go away?
you have them? they're caused by growth spurts

you can always reduce their visibility

get to a dermatologist and ask about retin-a/tretinoin 0.1%, preferably, and apply it, with a carrier oil (jojoba oil, virgin coconut oil, or non-scented moisturizer)

they'll be invisible in no time

and don't tan those areas

·
Chlorine and Wine
12,105 Posts
I've always had them around my hips/thighs/back end. Always wondered if there was anything to do but never bothered finding out. Not like it matters for me anyway, given me being me.

·
Banned
4,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
you have them? they're caused by growth spurts

you can always reduce their visibility

get to a dermatologist and ask about retin-a/tretinoin 0.1%, preferably, and apply it, with a carrier oil (jojoba oil, virgin coconut oil, or non-scented moisturizer)

they'll be invisible in no time

and don't tan those areas
Thanks, is that prescription only? I wonder if I could just tell the doctor I have stretch marks without showing her.

·
text ghost
719 Posts
Nobody sees the areas with stretchmarks *shrug* If I let someone see those areas, he'd have to be a special person to me-- and if he was like that, he wouldn't care-- and since I can't see them myself, I've never been bothered by them :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts