Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think lowly of myself sometimes. Actually a lot. Are there any stratagies to build confidence and self esteem??

·
Registered
438 Posts
well i guess there isn't any magic strategy but what definitley works is not letting sa get the better of you, that means; Do what you want to do, do what you feel is right, If you feel you want to talk to someone or do something but there is this fear coming up, a fear that has no substance because there is no real consequence, then overcome that and do it.
This way you will come out of your shell and be yourself, the great thing about it is the more you do it, the easier and better it gets.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
I made 3 giant posters
one had all the things I like about myself
one had all the compliments Ive received from others
one had all the things Id accomplished

i hung them by my bed so they'd be the first thing I saw when i woke up and the last thing before bed

I also watched tv shows where a character who looked like me was the sexy hero

·
Banned
2,407 Posts
Set goals (ones that require real effort) and achieve them to show yourself that you are capable.
Agreed. Also, aim high but be easy on yourself when you don't accomplish everything. Don't be a perfectionist. If you are you will never be satisfied. Don't look at other people and think "they are amazing I could never do that!" You are only limiting yourself if you do that. Change your thinking about yourself from negative to positive. Realize that other people are already doing this and they are no better than you. Good luck!:yes

·
Banned
2,954 Posts
well i guess there isn't any magic strategy but what definitley works is not letting sa get the better of you, that means; Do what you want to do, do what you feel is right, If you feel you want to talk to someone or do something but there is this fear coming up, a fear that has no substance because there is no real consequence, then overcome that and do it.
This way you will come out of your shell and be yourself, the great thing about it is the more you do it, the easier and better it gets.
Great advice :)

I made 3 giant posters

i hung them by my bed so they'd be the first thing I saw when i woke up and the last thing before bed
Sounds like a great idea you've come up with. I may take this into consideration, except I'll just write things on a huge sticky note or something and place them on my desk..and in my school folder to remind myself all the time :)

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
I made 3 giant posters

That's a great idea. I'd be paranoid that one of my flatmates would come into my room and see it though, and think I was a bit loopy!
I guess I could write it in a notebook and keep it by my bed to read every morning.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts