Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Mad Scientist
1,100 Posts
I don't know, the way you described his body language made it sound like he was nervous, or under the influence. Maybe anticipating something. This person clearly wasn't acting logically in the first place, so why should we analyze his motive/plan from a logical perspective if he did mean to do harm.

·
Song and action man
603 Posts
Yeah definitely clever to see we instead of I.

My guess is just mistaken identity/wrong address. That is an odd time though

·
alien monk
8,615 Posts
you can't be too careful (i mean obviously you can, but this isn't it). humans are scum.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Ok, so here are some things to consider; do you have anything in the house that could be used for self defence?
if he was planning on b+e;ing the place, he may have been scoping out your place first.
do you have a camera you can take his picture with if he comes back?
can you get a friend to stay over with you?
can you make an early basic early warning system? (rattling cans on a string or the like. look up youtube for ideas)
do you have a bright torch light? cops shine bright lights in peoples eyes all the time, to temporarilly blind them

In my neighbourhood we get weird people all the time. I came home one day to find two kids making out in our backyard. We had someone try and steal the lock off our front gate. We also had someone steal our bin. Who the hell steals a bin?!!!

·
SAS member
3,445 Posts
That’s my guess anyway... a criminal wouldn’t target a home where the resident is awake, right?
Unfortunately, I knew someone who was targeted just because their lights were always on at night. I too thought that the opposite would be the case - that criminals only strike when no one is home.

Something similar happened my sister once turned out to be an escaped mental patient.
A neighbor of mine said some man with a powdered face came and asked for donations late at night. I think they must have been an escaped mental patient too - or perhaps homeless and unable to afford healthcare.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts