Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to try to quit smoking and drinking this morning so I put on a nicotine patch before I went to work. When I got to work I saw a pack of cigarettes I had left on the counter a couple days ago. I didn't think much about it until just before I got off from work, then I put them in my pocket. On the way home I asked God to help me. I wanted a cigarette and beer so bad. I passed my turnoff on the way home and stopped at a gas station and bought some beer, took off the patch and lit a cigarette. When I got home I opened a beer and went to the bathroom. When I finished I walked through the trailer toward my computer room which is next to the front door. When I was next to the front door someone knocked. I opened it and it was a pastor of a local Baptist church. That happened just a few minutes ago. He asked me if I died right now did I think I would go to heaven and I said no, I don't think so. He wanted to talk to me more, but I told him I didn't have time. I can't write any more. I'm sorry.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Ernest, Ernest, Ernest, trying to quit two vices at the same time..........Smoking.......Is a biggy, as drinking, both harder than hell to quit.

In my humble opinion, it would take more than drinking and smoking to keep you out of heaven;-), now if you said you had been littering as well;-DDDD.

Have you given any thought to AA? It works for some, just having other people around that can relate, most of the people there know the scope of anxiety;-) You can learn so much.

I DESPISE the saying "One Day At A Time" however......In this situation, it's a must.........You can't look at tomorrow, next week, you have to look at now...........Right now, you can say, I'm not going to drink..........Tomorrow, the next day, will take care of themselves...........

:hug

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bon, I don't think you can possibly imagine just how much I hate myself. I know you try very hard. You're very compassionate and always willing to help. The truth is I don't want God to love me. I'm so bad Bon!

Maybe I'll go there anyway and tell the pastor how I feel. It couldn't hurt. He seemed like a very nice man. I have to go now. I'll talk to you soon. Bye.

Ernest.

·
kept in His hands
1,334 Posts
Maybe I'll go there anyway and tell the pastor how I feel. It couldn't hurt. He seemed like a very nice man.
It sounds like he really cares about people. Maybe you could call and make an appointment with him. He might be able to put some things into perspective for you. I think he'd at least appreciate knowing that his efforts to reach out to the neighborhood haven't gone unnoticed.

Praying for ya, :hug

Karen

·
Registered
76 Posts
God can take that habit away from you if you really want to give them up. Ask Him to take them away from you as well as any other bad habits, sins . Surrender them to Him. He will take them away. He did it for me and I believe He can for you too.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
M.L. Joynes said:
God can take that habit away from you if you really want to give them up. Ask Him to take them away from you as well as any other bad habits, sins . Surrender them to Him. He will take them away. He did it for me and I believe He can for you too.
Sorry for butting in but I couldnt help but notice your advice for Ernest.

I want to give up certain issues I have and I surrender them to God. Apart from saying this in prayer and feeling this in my heart, is there something else I need to do? I just dont feel the burden lighten. Do I need to examine my heart for sins and confess them in prayer before He will lighten me?

Jenky

1 - 8 of 8 Posts