Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
:lol No, but I hear "Wrecking yard in the making". I was really surprised to see some people in the area where we used to live would toss out old appliances and leave their broken down cars out in the yard. Some of the things Jeff Foxworthy used to say were very true! :eek Heck, an old, used car makes a great hen house! Why get rid of it? :lol

·
Registered
175 Posts

Cut And Shoot, Texas

(This isn't Cut And Shoot... it's a set from the Old West Lot at Universal Studios)

·
Registered
660 Posts
There's a Buttsville somewhere around here, but I'm not posting a photo.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
There's a town near me called Rabbit Hash. The town consists of a few houses and an old fashioned general store. The town's mayor is a dog (literally).

What's really funny is if you go to Rabbit Hash from Rt. 42, you turn at a town called Beaverlick, go past a park called "Big Bone Lick State Park" and then wind up in Rabbit Hash.

About ten miles away from Beaverlick is an area called Sugartit. There's also a town called Dog Walk in the southern part of Kentucky.

If you've ever driven through Tennessee along I-75, you've probably seen the sign for Stinking Creek Road.

In Pennsylvania, there is a town called Virginville. There is also a town called Intercourse. I want to call Triple-A on my cell phone and tell them I am lost in Virginville and need to know how to get to Intercourse. :lol

The town of Intercourse is halfway between the towns of Blue Ball and Paradise (This sounds like something Dave Barry would make up, but it is true).

I wasn't able to find it using Yahoo's maps, but supposedly there is a town in Oregon called Idiotville. "Hi! I'm from Idiotville!" :lol

·
Registered
660 Posts
Jnmcda0 said:
In Pennsylvania, there is a town called Virginville. There is also a town called Intercourse. I want to call Triple-A on my cell phone and tell them I am lost in Virginville and need to know how to get to Intercourse. :lol

The town of Intercourse is halfway between the towns of Blue Ball and Paradise (This sounds like something Dave Barry would make up, but it is true).
Yes, it's all true. These towns are all in Amish country, near Lancaster. I was in Intercourse a few weeks ago. Lots of gift shops there, selling semi-suggestive T-shirts.

There's also a town near Pittsburgh called Mars. We refer to people from there as Martians.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Jnmcda0 said:
I wasn't able to find it using Yahoo's maps, but supposedly there is a town in Oregon called Idiotville. "Hi! I'm from Idiotville!" :lol
That's probably why they let it die out. I'm not an Oregonian... I just live here with all the idiots... but there really was an Idiotville, OR. Here's what I found on Wikipedia.

"From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Idiotville is a former community located in Tillamook County, Oregon. It is located at Latitude 45.61944, Longitude 123.41806, elevation: 1200 feet. It was located near the mouth of Idiot Creek on the Wilson River along the route of Oregon State Highway 6. The location is in the Tillamook State Forest, along the Tillamook-Washington county line, approximately 35 mi ENE of Portland. Nothing remains of the former community."

I question their location, though, because I live west of Portland and Tillamook State Forest is west of me. I think their location should probably read 35 mi WNW of Portland to be correct. I don't think Hwy 6 even goes east of Portland. But anyway... I think all the Idiots left Idiotville and moved to Portland. :lol

·
Registered
175 Posts
Aces of Diamonds, Florida
Fearnot, Pennsylvania
Normal, Illinois
Assawoman, Virginia
Fifty-Six, Arkansas
Odd, West Virginia
Bald Head, Maine
Forks of Salmon, California
Ogle, Kentucky