Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after years of taking xanax by my doctor i have to stop it ,it is not working i can not sleep the fear and the anxiety never changed even with high dosage.the withdraw effect is more painful i can not sleep at all and i have to take a sleeping bill does not work the anxiety 10 times to a degree i want kill my self i still on stoblon and bospore 10mg any advice is welcome

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
We need to know for how long you have been on which exact dose of Xanax! Don't even think about stopping it abruptly. This is dangerous and can result in seizures and delirium. You have to be prescribed an adequate dose of a long acting benzodiazepine like Valium and then slowly taper the dose down over weeks-months. I guess the other meds you mean are Stablon and Buspar? Which sleeping pill have you been prescribed, Ambien?

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Didn't you know this was going to happen? I agree with Medline, get some Valium; stopping high-dose Xanax CT is just asking for trouble.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you for your questions .i take zaleplon 10mg as a sleeping pill.and i had been on xanax for 5 year the last does was 1 tablets .5 two times a day(1mg) some times i reached 3mg per day.it almost a week,i thing it can be over in a week mybe

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
I don't want to scare you, but my withdrawal took about 1 month of severe symptoms (didn't sleep more than a few hours, horrible depression and the worst anxiety you can imagine), and then about 2-4 months of moderate symptoms. All in all it took almost half a year, and I was only taking them for less than 1 year in total.

I don't think it's gonna be over in just 1 week...

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
But you took more benzos, didn't you? What was your benzo of choice and your average dose during that year? On the other hand alexander took benzos for a longer time. @alexander: Did you take 1mg of Xanax daily during those 5 years and up to 3mg just very seldom? And for how long do you take the 10mg of zaleplon, as a z-drug one must calculate it into the withdrawal symptomatic. I think you should see your doctor and get Valium or Librium ASAP. Phenobarbital would kill all withdrawal, but your doc won't prescribe it to you.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
But you took more benzos, didn't you? What was your benzo of choice and your average dose during that year? On the other hand alexander took benzos for a longer time.
On average it was 2-4mg clonazepam per day. Ranged from 0-8mg. At first I used alprazolam at 5-7mg per day.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
We should have met earlier and I would have told you that with the Pheno. ;)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i think medication is not working i am entering from one problem to anther .so i have GAD ,OCD who knows what Else .i will try to go of medication completely in few month i can not live like that i need to live right or not

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Yeah, that is such an awesome idea. How did you figure it out?
The hard way like often in life. I was young and dumb and severly addicted to GBL. I tried withdrawing with Ativan, Zyprexa/Haldol, Inderal, but I failed. Then tried Pheno and it worked like a charm. After I was on Klonopin 8mg for 9 months I didn't want to suffer from all this benzo withdrawal sh** and after some logical thinking & reading I came to the conclusion that all I had to do was to use an equivalent dose of an other GABAergic substance like Pheno, Clomethiazole, Mebropamate for 2-4 weeks and that's it. For the body it's kind of a "cold turkey benzo-withdrawal" so it's very fast, but you don't suffer (enough GABA in the brain via a non-benzo mechanism).

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
i think medication is not working i am entering from one problem to anther .so i have GAD ,OCD who knows what Else .i will try to go of medication completely in few month i can not live like that i need to live right or not
First you have to solve your physical dependence problem, so talk with your doctor about it and ask for Valium to come off the Xanax and maybe the zaleplon.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
That should work too, but I have no idea I've there's something like a ceiling point with Soma. For medium benzo addiction it will probably work very good.

·
Banned
115 Posts
I quit 4mg/day of Klonopin and it was hard. I did a fast taper and I still got withdrawal. The withdrawal is finally starting to be almost completely gone and its been like 2 months since my last Klonopin pill.

I am on Xanax .75mg/day because benzo's do help a lot for anxiety and I just didnt want to be physically dependent on drugs.

I think you should switch to a benzo with a longer half life such as Valium or Klonopin. I asked my doctor to switch me to Valium and do a taper but he didnt want to. I stopped going to him because of this.

The withdrawal from benzos is extremely difficult and I think most docs in the USA dont realize how hard the withdrawal is on the body and brain. If phenobarbital can get you off on heavy benzo dependence in several weeks then I have absolutely no idea why doctors dont do this instead. I had to suffer for several months even though I did a taper.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
That's a good point, phenobarbital isn't easily obtained, but carisoprodol (Soma) is.
I've never heard of a psychiatrist prescribing a muscle relaxant, though I am fully aware that Soma (a non-controlled drug) is metabolized into Miltown (meprobamate, a C-IV drug), a 1950s-era anti-anxiety med.

My psychiatrist uses Valium or phenobarbital to wean patients off high doses of benzos if that is ever needed. That's what he told me several years ago. I suspect he knows how such weaning goes given that he's willing to prescribe very high benzo doses indefinitely.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
I've never heard of a psychiatrist prescribing a muscle relaxant
Not psychiatrists, but general practitioners prescribing it for muscle spasms. ;) One can then use it for whatever one wants to (eg. benzo withdrawal).

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
Not psychiatrists, but general practitioners prescribing it for muscle spasms. ;) One can then use it for whatever one wants to (eg. benzo withdrawal).
So now we get to fake muscle spasms.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Soma is quite easily to obtain online and offline as euphoria said, that's the point. But no one has to fake anything. It's a free country.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
Soma is quite easily to obtain online and offline as euphoria said, that's the point. But no one has to fake anything. It's a free country.
Free country? Yeah, right. I have doctors, the FDA, and the DEA telling me what drugs I may and may not use and I'm a free man? I must use a different definition of freedom.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts