Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
728 Posts
I cant help doing it. My mind never settles, i worry too much.

·
Banned
728 Posts
Simple. Just stop thinking. Live in the "now". Let's say you're washing the dishes. Concentrate on the dishes, not on past experiences or future ones.
Dishes wont beat you up, or say mean things to you. Dishes wont judge you.

I can do work, i just cant take people treating me like crap.

You can concentrate on doing something, but most of the time there is something to distract you, that will make you feel uneasy.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Very true words and I do agree. But unfortunately it can be much easier said than done. Not that I'm saying that it's impossible. ;-) It's just not always a quick or straightforward process, though for one I really wish it was.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I used to accomplish that by smoking weed. It worked great. Too great, I think.
Yah, it's a little too effective in that regard. But it's GREAT on those nights where you're alone and can't sleep because of the thoughts.

The only thing I've ever found that makes me stop thinking is going out and running a few miles. After a certain point the pain (and maybe the endorphins) makes it really hard for me to form long thoughts, and in the meantime, I'm getting stronger and healthier! Before I get down from my endorphin high I usually kick up a comedy or some of my favorite music to listen to while I shower off. Works for me, anyways.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Someone told me to stop thinking so much today. Then again if I stopped thinking I'd get myself in trouble, thinking keeps me controlled.

·
Registered
912 Posts
hah. I really wish I could stop thinking so much. I complain about things that people accept as everyday life. Man, not only do I complain about them, they ruin my everyday life. I'd kill to stop thinking so much and just be able to... be ****ing normal. But I can't. So I have to find some other way to deal.

·
Ex SA Suffer-er lol :)
124 Posts
Sometimes I cant even play guitar without messing up because my concentration gets destroyed because of to many negative thoughts about past social situations. I pretty much have it in control now though. :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.