Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Custom User Title
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was nice enough to allow my roommate to use my laptop since she doesn't have one, but it started to get on my nerves after a while. She kept going on websites that use all my RAM (like using Hulu for hours and not giving it a break, which I watch too, but not that much) and it was overheating and being really slow (which never happens when I use it myself). I kept asking her very nicely not to use it so much, and that if she needed any shows that I would just download them to make it easier. Well, she didn't listen. I got home yesterday and my computer froze when I loaded the browser and the history showed all sorts of shows. I was pretty peeved and I just couldn't take it anymore, so I decided to put a password up. I didn't tell her about it, but she got on this morning to use her email and I hear the ungrateful ***** yell some not so nice things about me all the way from the shower. Then I get to the bus stop to see her and she asks me about it. At first I was horror struck and denied it and was going to take the password off later. Then, I lit up a cigarette, went and got a coffee and told her "OK, I'll take the password off, but only if you promise not to go on websites that make it slow. It froze yesterday." She didn't answer and she's still not talking to me. I don't care anymore. She has issues with being blamed for everything from childhood, and she's also going through a lot right now. I can empathize easily with that. But I'm sick of it. Why should I have to put up with others people's ****, when it doesn't even have anything to do with me. Nope. So I stood up and I'm glad I did. It felt really, really good to take charge of my own things.

·
Banned
501 Posts
Just reading about your roommate made me angry at her inconsiderate and selfish actions. It even sounds like she has some anger management issues.

Any case, it's good to see that you stood up for yourself for the safety of your laptop!

·
Registered
17 Posts
She should of respected your property and did what you asked if she wanted to use your laptop. Good job for standing up for yourself and telling her what's-what! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts