Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got stoned for the first time in several years. I have always known that marijuana makes me paranoid and socially anxious. I just got high and my social anxiety went through the roof. I am obsessing whether or not people know if I am high, whether or not they are thinking that I am acting strange. I am rechecking every situation in my mind to see if I portrayed myself accurately and that my message was received correctly. I am even obsessing that I will get judged in response to this message. It is the first time I really paid attention to what happens to my mind and body when I get socially anxious.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I am observing my social anxiety now. Fear #1 roommate sitting next to me will know I'm high, Fear #2 He will read what I am writing. Fear #3 whether this message will be taken seriously or disregarded as a post by someone stoned. Wow. Social Anxiety sucks

·
Registered
896 Posts
I'm smoking a joint right now. I smoked a couple on the weekend for the first time in a while and the paranoia that I've become used to wasn't too bad, so I figured I'd buy a gram and try it on my own. I'll let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Go on youtube and watch some hilarious videos, get your mind off the paranoia and thoughts. Since it's the first time in years you gotten stoned, might as well make the most of it.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually, I see this as an opportunity to listen to my thoughts and understand what really goes on in my head when I become extremely socially anxious. I now know how to induce social anxiety for myself. I am trying to write down all my feelings right now hoping that I can learn about my SA.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Even completely stoned and anxious, I can still tell that I am acting confident when people start talking to me. I can tell they can't tell that I am stoned or anxious. My social anxiety is through the roof but I am able to participate in conversation confidently... I just obsess a little whether I was understood correctly.

·
Registered
896 Posts
I'm just sitting at home alone, but even in that situation I used to have a hard time. I smoked with some people on saturday and I found I was more talkative than usual. Weird.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Now I am just typing stuff in hopes that I will right something about my social anxiety that I am observing right now. My Social Anxiety is way up there yet I don't really feel anxious. Paranoid about everyones thoughts and obsessing about it, but I still feel relaxed as I am observing these feeling. I am trying to understand why I am feeling social anxiety right now.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Daniel thanks I am completely stoned. I don't really what daniel think, yet I'm still obsessing about.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts