Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The withdrawals were horrible. I still haven't slept in three days. I saw my doc today and I realized that I have learned how to talk to people. I was there an extra half hour and he was just telling me these stories about what he did for the first four years after he got his post doctoral degree. He got to hang out with the Hopi indians and just be at one with mother earth, and it was so inspiring to me. I am flying through school and I am going to be able to do whatever I want.
I have been doing yoga, and I feel amazing, I'm starting to look, and feel better. I don't want to jump into my comfort blanket, the bottle. I'm starting meditation classes next week, and I just feel so much better. If I could recommend anything to anyone, it would be: eat right, exercise, get in tune with who you are, and always think positive. The key to enlightenment. The key to life!

·
Protector of the Den
15,034 Posts
Congrats on your success! Thanks for the great advice. I'm finding that exercising is helping me feel better. Not necessarily physically, but emotionally. Sounds like your doctor has had an interesting life.

·
Explode or Implode
83 Posts
:boogie I'm really glad to hear this, perhaps I should get into yoga and get back into meditation. What would you say helped you learn to have a conversation again?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Honestly, it was a result of the drug. I didn't feel anxiety when I talked to someone. Now that I am off of it, I just remember what it was like to be without anxiety so I just shush my negative thoughts and be myself. I needed to realize that I do have interesting things to say. and if someone doesn't think it is interesting, then there's no point in talking to them anyway. I am completely done with withdrawals, and again, I can't stress it enough: EXERCISE is the miracle drug.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts