Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Applewifey
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My best friend's getting married, which I'm so psyched for. The only hitch is that the theme is steampunk and I need a costume. I have some stuff already- I'm attaching a picture- I just need some advice about what would complete my outfit. I bought a black belt and I'm thinking something watch-related since the theme is all about time.

PS- I know, I'm fabulous! :yes

·
Gentle Impulsion
7,792 Posts
Anything Victorian-era looking is a good way to go! Maybe a victorian dress? Aviator goggles (the old fashioned kind they used for piloting open cockpit planes) are really popular as well as top hats. Bronze, grey, and black colors are all good things to go with for clothing. Also, fancy wristwatches and gold colored pocket watches are good accessories. Hope that helped a little, good luck!

·
Applewifey
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I appreciate all of the help so far, but I was looking for something more along the lines of what to add to the outfit I already have.

·
I can't take this...
493 Posts
Oh. Well then I definitely suggest adding that corset I linked. It would look pretty cool with the dress. The link is a tutorial on how to make it. :)

·
Applewifey
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can take a new picture with the belt and those are the shoes I'm wearing. I'll check out how to make the corset. I do have a few months, so I might be able to do it. But the belt is just a black fabric kind of belt with little silver dealies on one side, but not on the other.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Steampunk wedding? That is pretty darn cool. That amber ring looks amazing.

If headgear is an option in any way (but if it's a wedding, maybe not)

I guess something like that would be better suited for conventions.

If you can get a hold of some loose brass chains, that would do good. And some cogs and wheels.

I think my suggestions lead more toward the punk side. Always loved this look.
Good luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts