Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. After having graduated college in May, I finally found a job! Unfortunately, it is something I have very little experience in, troubleshooting/fixing cell phones. I got the job because I have a customer service background (which they said is 75% of the job) and the technical stuff I could learn. I've been working there for 4 days thus far and I am so stressed out! We carry 30+ different phones which means I need to know how to operate/troubleshoot all of them. I'm definitely making progress but I feel like such a burden to my fellow employees because I'm constantly asking them questions. They've been working their for 1-2 years so they just fly thru customers while I get stuck on one.

I really like the job because it's a challenge for me and I like the people I work with but I hate feeling like I'm always letting someone down. How long does it normally take to get in the "swing of things", so to speak, when starting a new job? On my days off, I spend a lot of time researching everything I can about cell phones and it seems to be helping.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts