Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm New here on this site... I was so anxious that I couldn't help myself so I looked it out for forums on the internet 馃槥
My case is this, I'm starting a new job tomorrow at ShopRite as a maintenance and I'm hella anxious about it. I get worried about how it might be, it may be difficult for me? I'm anxious by the fact that if I make mistakes and I can't handle the stress :((( I'm crying....
I have difficulties to talk to others and a plus is that I'm not an english native speaker (I can write and read but speak not too much) I'm scared about the job.. what can I do? Is it difficult that job in the first place? I'm so scared ;((((
P.S: Sorry if I made any mistakes, english is not my first languange 馃槥

Registered
Hello, I'm New here on this site... I was so anxious that I couldn't help myself so I looked it out for forums on the internet 😞
My case is this, I'm starting a new job tomorrow at ShopRite as a maintenance and I'm hella anxious about it. I get worried about how it might be, it may be difficult for me? I'm anxious by the fact that if I make mistakes and I can't handle the stress :((( I'm crying....
I have difficulties to talk to others and a plus is that I'm not an english native speaker (I can write and read but speak not too much) I'm scared about the job.. what can I do? Is it difficult that job in the first place? I'm so scared ;((((
P.S: Sorry if I made any mistakes, english is not my first languange 😞
Hi there, thank you for your post and welcome to the Forum. I think if it were me, I would try and relax (everyone is nervous etc. on their first day). I would try not to put too much expectation on myself and not be afraid to ask questions... Hope this helps :)

Registered
Just be you and do your best. You'll learn along the way. Don't let mistakes discourage you. You're doing fine already because I and many people can't even attempt an interview or function at a job. I envy you.

Best wishes.
Posted via Mobile Device

📝📸🎬💾🎲&#991
Congrats on the job! I hope the first day went okay.

Registered
Hello, I'm New here on this site... I was so anxious that I couldn't help myself so I looked it out for forums on the internet 😞
P.S: Sorry if I made any mistakes, english is not my first languange 😞
how did the job go?? i have found that inderal helps me in stressful situations ...

Although typically prescribed for patients with heart disease, beta blockers such as propranolol (Inderal) can help to counter symptoms of social anxiety disorder, such as sweating, rapid heartbeat, or shortness of breath. (it's a beta blocker, ask your doctor it might help you...i take it when im really stressed)

Registered
Congratulations to you!

If I were you I would just focus on your work and what you're supposed to be doing and also breathe and remind yourself that you can get through it, don't give up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts