Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Bleh..
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm not sure where to start as I've NEVER talked about this with anyone.

I recently got hired for a new IT job. I will be the only company employee working at an offsite location supporting 400 computers and users. It is just basic work station/ printer support.

My previous job I was a tier 3 help desk agent. It took me 2 years to make it to tier 3. My anxiety got so bad at the end I just walked away (literally went to lunch and left) I hate myself for doing it!

Anyways, I am FREAKING outt about my new job. I am losing sleep, having nightmares...but part of me KNOWS I have the skill set to do the job. But it seems I ALWAYS let my anxiety get the best of me, and I tell myself I am HORRIBLE, or I tell myself they are about to fire me anyways, or they think I'm stupid and I will end up quitting!

I hate it!!! I was on medication for a little while and it didn't really help with the work stuff. It did help with social settings though.

I just don't know how to quiet that side of my brain that starts freaking out and telling me all that negative stuff, and end up quitting every opportunity I have.

I feel like I'm the only loser that does this to themselves!

Can anyone relate to me? Or can anyone that feels like this, tell me what they do to get over it?

·
Bleh..
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
it seems my anxiety has gotten to the point (this is going to sound stupid), I like gaming on ps3 it's something I enjoy to relax...well I've stopped accepting friend requests to play call of duty online because I'm anxious about being judged about my gaming skills!!! omg just reading what I just wrote sounds silly!! I hate this!

·
planning relocation
714 Posts
Your biggest problem is you over think things way too much. As far as the job, unless you own the company, there is no reason for you to worry that much about it. Let the guy that makes the most money do the most worrying. When it comes to call of duty, its a game, have fun because thats what it is for.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts