Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently met this guy in a college film club meeting. Later that day the guy sent me a friend request on facebook. I'm really interested in getting to know him better, but I'm not sure the best way to go about that.

My college is pretty large so it's not likely that I'd randomly run into him. It seems like the only time I'd really have to talk to him is during those club meetings which are only for an hour or two each week.

Part of me wants to send him a facebook message asking the usual "major, hometown, etc" questions or even asking him to hang out sometime. At the same time, I don't really know him that well and I don't want to seem weird.

Do you guys think it would be weird for me to send him a message?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I think it would be a good idea to send him a message, you can start with a simple "hey whats up or what are you up to and start a conversation from there and you wouldnt seem desperate after all he did add you as a friend

·
Registered
169 Posts
I can't envision a scenario where it would be weird to send a message to someone who is interested in talking to you..........

Haha. Seriously though just say hey what's up or talk about the film club and see where it goes from there. I'm betting it will flow just fine.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Don't be afraid, the conversation has started already. He has done the first move, now he's just waiting for you to reply.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Nope that's not weird at all :) you should do it!

Besides clubs are meant to help people socialize as well so get to know him. He might be a pretty cool person.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Oh please go for it. If i were that guy i'd love to have a girl talk to me. Something simple, no pressure. I am sure he likes you as well, or else he wouldn't add you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts