Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was the first time I saw a therapist. It was really nerve racking. I had a huge knot in my stomach and started getting kindda shaky on the way over. I was a little freaked talking to her at first, but it seemed to get a little better as time when on. And surprisingly enough, the hour went by really fast. By the end I was surprised it was already time to go, it didn't seem like we'd been there that long. There was so much to take in though. It was a total overload. I don't remember half the stuff she said. lol But I do feel a little better talking to her and I think I'm gonna keep going back. I think she could help me. For the next week I have to journal any social situations I'm in and how they made me feel and things like that. We set a short term goal for myself to be able to talk to my ex (I can't say one word to him without feeling terrible, can't even really be around him). I'm doing my best to not get too far ahead of myself and just take one day at a time. It's gonna be a long road. I'm so glad I went. :)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The girl I found is only $40 a session. But if I ever have any problems making that, she'll adjust it. She feels that you should be able to get the help you need, even with a limited income. Everyone else I contacted was like $110 or so. :eek: I know that's pretty normal, but that's soooo expensive for me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts