Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i suffer from depression and a bit of ocd.
i'm at the point where everything seems pointless so find it difficult to enjoy things. i'm really unmotivated for this reason.

i went to my gp yesterday and i recently changed hospital and it is the first time i'm seeing the doctor himself.
i expected him to refer me to a therapist or something like that but when i said i'm depressed he asked me few questions like my sleeping pattern and appetite then prescribed me with paroxetine straight away...
i did consider anti depressants at one point so i just went along with it and went to the pharmacy to buy them.

did a lot of research beforehand and aware of the side effects and withdrawal symptoms.

last night i took my first half pill (20mg but doc told me to take half pill for first 8 days)
i had some mild headache and it continued when i woke up this morning but other than that it doesn't seem to be doing much
when something upsetting happened today, i still had tears but it didn't develop into anything like upsetting me extremely which usually is the case

people who's been on the pill, does it actually work? (i haven't seen that many success stories on the drug working, even so many people want to quit it...)

should i continue taking it?

·
You can do this!
4,464 Posts
Paxil usually works well. It will take several weeks to adequately test it, so hold steady. :)

·
Sleeping
37 Posts
Ive been taking paxil for almost 3 weeks for SA. Minimal side effects (reduced appetite, yus!) and I seem calmer. I still feel anxious but not to the extent I usually am.

I wonder if in a few more weeks the anxiety will lessen even more, or if my dose should go up. This is the first med ive taken for anxiety

1 - 3 of 3 Posts